Very Important Information For iPhone Users Who Are Switching To A New iPhone

Options
mercerik
mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
This will make your life easier whether you are replacing your old iPhone with a new one or sending it for repair. If you follow the instructions on what to do at the Apple Support Website, you don't have to reinstall Candy Crush Saga Games. You can just continue where you've left off. These directions can be found on iPhone Support Website. 

Wednesday afternoon last week, November 27, the day before Thanksgiving, I sent my iPhone to Apple Support in California for Battery Replacement. Before I shipped it out, as part of the repair procedures, I made sure that all the data were backed-up to the Apple iCloud. For safety reasons, the Find My Phone was disabled, making my iPhone Offline so no one can hack it.The last procedure was to take the SIM Card out and any accessories like the Phone Case because they will not be returned. I did not remove my Tempered Glass Protector since it was not reusable anyway. Make sure you keep your SIM Card in a safe place. 

I got my iPhone back today from Apple Support. My iPhone looks shiny and brand new. The Tempered Glass Protector was gone which was OK. Besides, I have a spare. The first thing I did was Open the SIM Card drawer and put the card in. Second, I plug it in to fully charge to 100%. Third is do the setup that includes restoring the backup from the iCloud which is the same if you are replacing your iPhone with a new one. It will take a while depending on how much data you have there. Once the backup is done, every app that I previously had and all the data are intact. It was like my iPhone never left and traveled to California. Imagine that!

I was worried at first that I might lose the over 300 lives that I've accumulated on my iPhone. Good News, they are all there including my progress. 

Before you do any of these, make sure you have your Apple ID and Password handy. You will definitely need them.

Hopefully, all these information help you with yours!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?