⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

iPhone XR overheating

Options
Petey_Pops
Petey_Pops Posts: 3 Newbie
When I play Candy Crush my phone heats up very quickly and I can hear a hissing noise coming from the bottom speaker, it sounds like a cicada in a tree. The phone then starts dropping screen brightness as part of its cooling process. Only happens with Candy Crush, no other app.

Best Answers

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    When I play Candy Crush my phone heats up very quickly and I can hear a hissing noise coming from the bottom speaker, it sounds like a cicada in a tree. The phone then starts dropping screen brightness as part of its cooling process. Only happens with Candy Crush, no other app.
    Hi there, @Petey_Pops !

Candy Crush Saga heats up the iPhones. It also discharges the battery fast. Be careful!  Make sure you do not play Candy Crush Saga while your iPhone is plugged in the outlet especially when it is overheating. I have a photo of what happened to my Lightning Cables. By the way, the adapter also heats up. This was the reason why I sent my iPhone to Apple Repair. I had the battery replaced last November and it is still over-heating. 

As far as the Screen Brightness that is the effect of overheating. Sometimes the Screen blinks or flickers. Some of my YouTube Candy Crush Saga Videos show color fading effect as well as a result. 

• mercerik
    Answer ✓
    Options
    By the way, this also happened with my Motorola Android in 2016. The phone overheated while playing Candy Crush Saga. The battery swell. I thought it was going to explode on me which was the reason why I switched to iPhone.

Answers

• mercerik
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi there, @Petey_Pops !

Candy Crush Saga heats up the iPhones. It also discharges the battery fast. Be careful!  Make sure you do not play Candy Crush Saga while your iPhone is plugged in the outlet especially when it is overheating. I have a photo of what happened to my Lightning Cables. By the way, the adapter also heats up. This was the reason why I sent my iPhone to Apple Repair. I had the battery replaced last November and it is still over-heating. 

As far as the Screen Brightness that is the effect of overheating. Sometimes the Screen blinks or flickers. Some of my YouTube Candy Crush Saga Videos show color fading effect as well as a result. 

• mercerik
    Answer ✓
    Options
    By the way, this also happened with my Motorola Android in 2016. The phone overheated while playing Candy Crush Saga. The battery swell. I thought it was going to explode on me which was the reason why I switched to iPhone.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?