⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Internet connection

Options
S.L
S.L Posts: 3 Newbie
Why do I keep getting an error message for no internet connection? I have always played my king games using my phone data & have never had a problem. Now I can only get the daily wheel if I am using someone's wifi. I've missed daily wheels for over a month

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 15,993 Candy Moderator
    Options
    Hello @S.L. and welcome to our wonderful community.  Are you talking about Candy Crush Saga?  You have posted in Candy Crush Soda.  This game also has a daily booster that you can get, but the only one I am aware of that has a daily wheel is Candy Crush Saga.  I will request this thread gets moved to the appropriate game area.

These games tend to be pretty sensitive to a strong and steady internet signal and if there is a temporary break or dip in internet reception, it can cause the game to think you are playing off line and as a result you may not have access to certain features. This sometimes causes the game to get temporarily hung up and a few simple steps can help you out.  

Clear your cache. The way to do this is slightly different depending on the platform and software you are using, but you should be able to use the internet to find out how to do that if in doubt.

Check your app update - App developers are giving their best to deliver a great experience to the users, which is why they are constantly working on improvements. If users complain about the issue, including freezing and crashing, developers will fix it with an update. That is why it is essential to regularly update all your apps or at least the ones you use daily.

Finally, shutdown the platform you are playing on for at least 10-15 seconds.  Usually by doing these simple steps you can clear up a temporary problem you may be experiencing.

If you you are still getting the 'no internet connection' notice after a week or more - then you will probably have to de-install and re-install the game to clear up the problem. However if you do this you will lose all your lives and any saved boosters you may have!  This should only be done as a last resort. 

• S.L
    S.L Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    This is actually for both Candy Crush Saga & Candy Crush Soda. I've uninstalled & reinstalled both games & now neither one will connect & I would have to start both games at level 1 & I'm well passed that level. I've always played these games using the data from my phone without WiFi & never had a problem. If this problem isn't fixed I'll be deleting both games
  • pcp192
    pcp192 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I’m having the same problem on my iPad however the game works perfectly on my iPhone.

All software is up to date and I’ve done all the usual troubleshooting steps - force quit, reboot, uninstall and reinstall.

After reinstalling the game it worked for a short time then stopped again and no longer connects to the internet. There is no problem at all with my internet connection as all other tests from the iPad work perfectly.

very frustrating.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?