space race "prize" not received

Options
mizmoo
mizmoo Posts: 6 Level 2

I do not have a screen shot so I understand if nothing can be done, BUT..... I was on top of space race by over 10,000 points at 9:55 a.m. I play on FB. I closed FB because I had to leave for an appointment. I've just opened Candy Crush and nothing....no notification, no space race, no prize. Did I do something wrong? I have searched and searched and what I've been able to find has said that the top 3 should get something. So even if someone magically overtook me, I should have gotten some kind of reward? Also, I can't find the answer to this: I was collecting red candies, I think Popsicle Planet. There is a planet above that. When do you get to play that planet? I just can't find straightforward answers for how the space race thing works.....and spent the entire weekend racking up red candies for nothing. Very frustrating.

Answers

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,070 Candy Moderator
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hello @mizmoo and welcome to our wonderful King Community. I am sorry to hear that your Space Race disappeared without you winning anything. You didn't do anything wrong and I don't know why you didn't receive at least a notification of what place you were in. It will be interesting later this week when you get Dexter again to see if you have advanced to the next planet. Since you were collecting red candies it looks like you were on the Choco planet. Here is an explanation about each planet:

Gummy Planet

Starting planet. You are required to collect green candies.

There are 50 players each group. First 25 players can get rewards and advance, with first 3 places having better rewards.

Choco Planet

You are required to collect red candies. As such, levels with less than 5 colors cannot fulfill the requirement.

There are 30 players each group. First 15 players can get rewards and advance, with first 3 places having better rewards. Last 5 players will be sent backwards.

Pudding Planet

You are required to collect striped candies.

• Striped candies from color bomb + striped candy combos or sugar crush are not counted.

There are 30 players each group. First 10 players can get rewards and advance, with first 3 places having better rewards. Last 10 players will be sent backwards.

Salty Planet

You are required to collect wrapped candies (not counting those from color bomb + wrapped candy combos).

There are 30 players each group. First 5 players can get rewards and advance, with first 3 places having better rewards. Last 10 players will be sent backwards.

Popsicle Planet

You are required to collect color bombs.

• It seems that color bombs from opening popcorn are counted.

There are 10 players each group. Only the first place can win rewards. The 10th player will be sent backwards

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    Options

Hi @mizmoo We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.😊

The game data is not stored in the browser since you are actually using private browsing. If you launch the game through a browser after the end of any event, you will not find the event.There are also many features not available on the Facebook platform, even if they are in your game and you will not find such issues through App.😊

• mercerik
    mercerik Posts: 3,617 Legend
    edited February 2020
    Options

@mizmoo

Hi there! Welcome to the Community! I am so sorry for your unfortunate experience!

The First Place Player is the only Winner for Dexter's Space Race. I have been in the contention in this competition for a long time now and it has always been about the number of Color Bombs collected in every level played.

Luckily, I was the First Place Winner in the last Monday to Sunday competition, collecting 2,113 Color Bombs. I received my Prize at approximately 3:00 PM this afternoon. Below are the ScreenShots of the current Dexter Space Race Competition.

• mizmoo
    Options

Thank you all for trying to help. Unfortunately I am even more confused now! :-) According to bearwithme, there are rewards at the end of every planet. According to Sukanta, you have to be logged in to the "contest" when it ends if you play on the FB platform. According to mercerik, only one person gets a prize or reward and that is the person who collects the most colour bombs throughout all the levels. .... (this is going to be long...)

1. bearwithme: I played from Thursday thru Monday. I got through the green level and received a colour bomb. I got to around 27,000 collecting the red candies, was number 1 in my group, and the picture on the left showed me at the second planet from the top. In 4 days I never had to collect stripes or wrapped or anything. Just had the happy little rocket next to my name. Are you saying that your position carries over from week to week? I thought it was a 4 day thing? And what exactly should I have done to move forward? Is it a total score that I didn't reach?
    2. Sukanta: I don't play on apps. If you play on FB and need to be logged in at 10:00 every Monday to get whatever you are supposed to get, that should be stated somewhere. (And it's pretty lame.) I read everything I could find and combed thru the King websites and there is NOTHING about what you have to do to get your reward. (I'm not yelling at you, I'm yelling about the lack of information.) I actually won something several months ago on space race when I wasn't even aware that I was playing it. When I opened Candy Crush one day a little message popped up and I got a bunch of goodies. The game had not been open before that, so how did that happen?
    3. mercerik: Space race is only open for me Thursday to Monday. Do different people have different days? And if colour bombs are the only thing that count, what's up with all the stuff bearwithme is talking about? And I didn't think there was only 1 winner world wide; I understood that players are grouped and there will be several final winners, one from each group?

Again, thank you all and I hope this doesn't come across as arguing with you. I appreciate that each of you took the time to try to help. I just hate wasting time and I'm not used to not understanding. If a bajillion people get this, and I don't, it frustrates me enormously.

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    edited February 2020
    Options

Hi @mizmoo We started answering at the same time so the post has been commented twice and I am very sorry for that. My friend @bearwithme could certainly give you the right information. But she probably isn't here, so I'm going to analyze you a bit more.

The Popsicle Planet's target is always to save the color bomb and in some cases there may be some error for the server problem.I play the level 3309 on Facebook platform to save color bombs, but in some cases Dexter's target becomes Green Candy and refreshing the page will return to the color bomb's target again. Most of this happens if the Internet is a little slow.

Anyway you probably had the same problem.😂

With each new level, the number of color bombs you collect will be added to Dexter's 10X color bombs, which means that if you collect 5 color bombs at a new level, Dexter will add 10x 5-= 50 color bombs. This can be, you can get to the first place after playing 5 new levels.

I would urge you to wait until the next Dexter event.

Here's more about Dexter event.

What are Dexter's Leagues events?

Dexter is unstoppable when it comes to exploration and adventure. Land, sea, air and space hold no bounds for the wandering whale!

With your help, he can continue on-course to new horizons and you'll get some sweet treats in return!

How does it work?

Associated contest events will have an overall progression leaderboard, which will track your progress in the ranks of other players worldwide. The outcome of your position in the leaderboard could add some tasty extras to your game, but will also offer you the chance to move up from one league to the next!

Players who place amongst the highest any final leaderboard will win a ticket to the next league and a brand new leaderboard. Each leaderboard offers higher value prizes than the last, so set your eyes on the prize and keep crushing!

What do I do?

When the events are active, you'll see a pop-up notification in your game. Don't worry if you miss it though if you want to check back or need to look at it again after the pop-up is gone, you just need to tap your events tab on the game map to see where you stand.

Find the Events Tab by tapping the Trophy icon on the right of the map screen and any active event in your game will be listed underneath.  

Any event included as part of the league will be listed and you'll be able to check the challenge and what needs to be done to help improve your score. Keep playing the game you know so well and you'll be on to a winner!

What can I win?

Highest scoring players who appear at the top of the leaderboard when the event ends will receive a hoard of awesome boosters. Perfect for those tricky moments in any level of the game. Life-saver! Top scorers also receive a ticket, which grants them access to the next league table and potential higher-value rewards! Treasurable!

When can I take part?

Dexter is a whimsical whale, so it will vary from time to time, and slots in around other events that might be running in the Candy Crush Saga universe. We do have a wealth of other ways to win in our game, so we'll keep it as frequent as possible!

You’ll get an in-game prompt to let you know it’s begun but if you miss it, you can always tap the Trophy icon and to check whether it's running in your game.

• bearwithme
    bearwithme Posts: 16,070 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hello @mizmoo - sorry for any confusion and/or conflicting information. As @Sukanta posted above - (and as I posted earlier) - the Dexter challenge has a player working their way down thru the different planets until you finally reach the Popsicle planet - where you have to collect color bombs and the prize you receive is the best of all because it includes a UFO, but on this last planet, only the person in the #1 position receives the prize.

You are correct - Dexter usually runs from Thursday to early Monday morning (depending on your time zone). Every once in awhile I have had Dexter show up and then vanish the same day or sometimes not even show up for a week.

You advance from planet to planet based upon your position on the leader-board at the end of the challenge each week. As I mentioned above - it gets harder the farther you advance (in other words - you need to be in the top 25, then top 15, top 10 and finally top 5 to advance to the final planet) and the people on the bottom of the leader-board can actually be sent back a planet. When you reach the Popsicle planet - you are competing against 9 other people. Only 1st place wins a prize, but you can stay on that planet each week as long as you are never in the 10th position (so you can keep trying to win the grand prize).

From what you described - it sounds like you were on the Gummy planet and advanced to the Choco planet. You won't need to collect striped candies until you see you have moved to the Pudding Planet - where you will hopefully be this Thursday.

I am not sure why you never received a prize from your collecting red candies on the Choco planet - but I only play on mobile devices using the game app. So I am not sure if it works differently playing via FB on a PC.

I hope you are not so confused now but please post here again if you have any additional questions and please let me know what planet you show up on this Thursday. 😊🐨

• mizmoo
    Options

Thanks to you both for the further explanations...I am definitely less confused now! I will let you know what happens this Thursday.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?