Frustrated

joykay
joykay Posts: 2 Newbie
Has anyone else been stuck on a hard level for several days , used all my boosters, keep running out of lives.  Is there a trick to get more boosters to help without Buying them???

Comments

• JethrinaBodina
    JethrinaBodina Posts: 784 Level 5
    I have a suggestion for that, that you may not know about. 
    You're far enough into the game to have unlocked the Sugar Drop candies. They can be "harvested" every 8 hours for free boosters. I'll add a screenshot just in case you aren't familiar... I didn't know until another player in this Community told me how to make the most of it and I try to do it as often as I'm able. It takes a little time to do, and you'll be challenged until you're a bit farther into the game where there are some more fruitful levels to go to for them.
    For now, go to level 36. When you make enough candy cascade a specially wrapped candy will drop, it has a white band with a C on it. Your goal is to get as many of them in each of the levels that'll produce them. Not every level has them. If you're short on lives, you'll want to try to pass the levels but it's not required for these, you get them even if you don't pass the level.

I know you've seen them and the Sugar Track... It moves in stages from 0 to 180. I just finished my harvest so I can't give you a screenshot of it. There's a helpful timer on the level that will tell you how much longer you have to wait to harvest or how many you have accumulated. Once you get to 180 the 8 hour timer resets, regardless of how long it takes to get to that point, it'll always be 8 hours after the 180th is collected. You'll get gold bars and a variety of the other boosters, I've found that it's bout the same every time. Free boosters are "for-ME" boosters! 
    I've honestly decided that when I walk away in frustration and then come back later I can pass the level. I think the game misses you and throws you a bone to let you pass and keep on playing! 
    I'm on level 3671. Going after the Sugar Drop candies is great practice on levels you've already passed. I learned a lot just from doing that regularly. Oh, the levels that have you meet a target number, say 15000 points, don't tell you that you've failed if you don't meet that goal again. You get to use every move available and don't alwayslose your life if you don't hit the mark. I love those for this task! 
    I'll give you a screenshot. I hope you are able to continue playing if that's what you want... We all need a distraction from the daily grind now and then... This game does that for me. 
    These are some of the levels you can work for now. As you progress you'll find better levels, like 1168 and 1476, unless you're already I there. You didn't say what level you're having trouble with. Tell me and I'll try to help if I can.

36,43,59,92,97,112,185,147,205,209, 223, 666

In this you can see the count I have and a graphic of the Sugar Drops next to it. I'm able to go harvest now. That will turn into a timer when I've reached the 180.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?