How can I permanently disable sounds on laptop.

shtuffguy
shtuffguy Posts: 6 Level 2

Over past several days (weeks?) I've had to manually disable sounds every time I open candy crush saga. It used to remember that I don't want sound. BTW, does anyone actually play game with sound? It's so annoying I doubt many people do. You should have a survey. The default should be no sounds.

Best Answer

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

OK, cool! Thanks!

No idea what caused it, but usually it's something in the browser that resets the settings to default.

Since you play on a Windows 10 PC and even though Chrome is a supported browser, you can also download the game directly to your computer if you have issues with the game on Facebook.

The Windows app usually works better than on Facebook and you can sync your progress just by connecting the app to Facebook. You can download the Candy Crush Saga Windows app from Microsoft Store here.

Answers

• Sukanta_Biswas
    Sukanta_Biswas Posts: 24,932 Crushing Legend
    edited March 2020

Hi @shtuffguy

We warmly welcome you to the Friendly King Community's Candy Crush Saga forum.

You can of course turn off the music, sound and it will be off until you turn it on. In the browser's case, the sound will come back when the page refresh or the browser restart.

The background music of the game is the same for everyone so you cannot change the music.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5

If you've got those 2 buttons on top, turn 'em off; & don't bother about that vibrate icon.

And welcome to the forum...

• shtuffguy

On my android phone the sound never comes back after I disable them; but on the laptop it started to always comes back after shutting it off. I'm bad with time, but days or couple of weeks??

I open a new tab when playing the game (CCS) and close the tab when done. Probably a bug introduced with latest code as this occasionally happened in past. This is first time I decided to get an ID to bring up issues as been playing for a few years.

Again, I'm thinking the default should be no sound and let those who want sound to turn it on. I can't imagine many people play with sound. Does King do surveys?

• Crazy Cat Lad

Hi @shtuffguy and welcome to our Community!

Have you tried clearing the cache and cookies on the browser to get the sound settings to stay as you chose them?

What browser are you using?

Are you playing on Windows 10 by any chance?

• shtuffguy

Thanks Cat Lady. I deleted the 2 cookies for candycrush.king.com and it has corrected the problem.. I should have deleted one at time to see which one was the culprit. There was 'sess' and another that looked to be a dynamically built name. I'll do one-at-a-time deletions the next time this happens. After playing one game and deleting tab there's only the 'sess' cookie there, so I suspect that the 'dynamic' cookie to be the culprit. Could that have been created during an update/restart process?

I'm on windows 10 and use Chrome.

Thanks.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Answer ✓

OK, cool! Thanks!

No idea what caused it, but usually it's something in the browser that resets the settings to default.

Since you play on a Windows 10 PC and even though Chrome is a supported browser, you can also download the game directly to your computer if you have issues with the game on Facebook.

The Windows app usually works better than on Facebook and you can sync your progress just by connecting the app to Facebook. You can download the Candy Crush Saga Windows app from Microsoft Store here.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?