⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Level 3421 is broken - fix this garbage.

Options
Mark_Adcock
Mark_Adcock Posts: 119 Level 3
edited May 2020 in Support

This level is broken.

If I have a popcorn that is one step away from being destroyed and converted to a colour bomb, and I proceed to switch two colour bombs together, then the popcorns should disappear, leaving me with another colour bomb. This is not happening. Instead, I switch the colour bombs together and it destroys the popcorn AND the colour bomb it converts to. I have had two popcorns together, both needing one more hit - switch two colour bombs and should have two more side by side. But no ... one is destroyed before it lands.

This does not happen every single time, but enough to make the level almost impossible to clear. The game is crap enough as it is, without it cheating.

Another crappy bore fest, where the player wins with luck alone as the cascades are never-ending so there is no point in strategy. Just click and hope the program finishes each move by leaving you something to play with.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

EDIT: The very next try after posting this, it let me clear the level (after 50+ mind-numbing attempts). However, this does not alter the fact that the level is broken and will affect other players.

Best Answer

• Bumper2019
    Bumper2019 Posts: 3,271 Level 5
    Answer ✓
    Options

You do see the stripe activating and the colourbomb gets set off later on but it's still hard to tell if that's because of the stripe.

Still none the wiser really but does confirm that stripes activate.

If you have unlimited lives, keep trying. Is passable without boosters.

Good Luck! #HappyCrushing

Answers

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Mark_Adcock Maybe wrong as you say it doesn't happen all the time, but my understanding is 2 colour bombs matched takes two layers. so if your popcorn only needs one hit it will activate the colour bomb aswell.. if it needs two hits will leave colour bomb on board. Apologise if im wrong but i always do this as mine always activates the bomb if only one hit on popcorn and i activate two colour bombs together. so tend not to do it unless necessary

• Mark_Adcock
    edited May 2020
    Options

No, if you have a popcorn that is one move away from being converted and it is hit by a cb/cb combo, it should destroy the popcorn but leave the cb. That is how my game has always worked (I also apologise if I am wrong).

Besides, I have had two popcorns side by side, both needing one more hit ... I switch my cb/cb combo and see I have one cb left instead of two. It is not possible to be left with one, it should be two (or by your logic, it would be none at all).

• Bumper2019
    edited May 2020
    Options

To reduce the risk always check for stripes pointing directly at the popcorn, as this can give it a double hit. Sometimes stripes are created by the falling candy which helps in the zzzzz levels but can also set off one or both of the released CBs

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Mark_Adcock Maybe thats were i may be wrong but yes i have had two popcorn both side by side and lost both, maybe over time i have been to cautious in breaking the popcorn to not notice anymore always tend never to do that now due to past experiences always if popcorn side by side only match two colour bombs if both popcorn need two hits or more and always find i get left with both colour bombs left side by side then. Something i will have to a look at for future reference.

• Mark_Adcock
    Options

On reflection, this may be correct, but I am not entirely sure. Perhaps if there is a stripe aimed at the popcorn, it would give it a double hit and somehow destroy the cb before it landed ... but that would mean the cb/cb combo would activate the stripe too (if you have a stripe on the board and you detonate a cake, that stripe is not activated at all, just destroyed - I am not sure if this applies to a cb/cb combo which also clears the screen). I am pretty sure it is not being destroyed by a stripe falling in AFTER the cb/cb combo as I would see the delay etc, plus hear the cb go off. But here the cb doesn't go off - it just disappears, almost literally in a silent puff of smoke.

• Bumper2019
    Options

I will try and video - slow mo, see what really happens.

• Bumper2019
    Options

I tried to see but ended up setting everything off in one go. All I can see even in slow mo is lightning flashing everywhere, making it impossible to tell what hits what first. If I get some time later I will try again, hopefully I can end up with a CB-CB with a stripe pointing at a popcorn a bit earlier in the level.

• Bumper2019
    Answer ✓
    Options

You do see the stripe activating and the colourbomb gets set off later on but it's still hard to tell if that's because of the stripe.

Still none the wiser really but does confirm that stripes activate.

If you have unlimited lives, keep trying. Is passable without boosters.

Good Luck! #HappyCrushing

• Mark_Adcock
    Options

But if the stripe had activated, wouldn't it have hit the popcorn and left a CB at the bottom? Isn't it the CB/CB combo that is destroying the popcorn, not the stripe lol?

I see the blue stripe was worth 60, and a normal blue is worth 60 - is this also correct?

Ah who knows, but thanks for looking into it.

As I said in my EDIT above on my original post, I passed it the very next time I played it after posting my initial message (after 50+ mind-numbingly tedious tries) ;-)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?