In game purchases to progress

tokyo1
tokyo1 Posts: 2 Newbie
edited May 2020 in Discussions

Has anyone ever played the time management games that let you get pretty far into the game and then it is impossible to beat the level without some type of a booster pack? Does it not seem like that is happening with candy crush? The levels are meant to be hard but always possible to beat without in game purchases. I'm amazing at crushing so I'm not mad at the challenge. Has anyone beat level 1900 without having to buy anything? I would love to hear from you. Please prove me wrong before I delete the entire app... I hate being strung along. This was one of the few games that didn't mislead players. I loved that. Hate being forced to do things.

Comments

• Bumper2019
    Bumper2019 Posts: 3,271 Level 5

@tokyo1 Welcome to the community. A lot of players here will have passed level 1900 when there was the ability to earn boosters by playing previous levels as and when required. The case with CCS was that over the years they progressively made the levels harder to beat without a purchase, then gave players a way of earning enough boosters to pass, therefore levels were then designed to reflect this ability. They have realised that two or three of their features may have been too generous and now decided to remove them. In their eyes this makes the game more exciting and challenging and increases revenue. But in truth this frustrates players such as yourself into finding something more enjoyable to do with your free time and money.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?