Why can't I connect to Facebook or my kingdom account?

Options
Yumna
Yumna Posts: 1 Newbie

No matter what I do, it keeps saying "there was a connection error, try again in a bit." I gave tried reinstalling the game and even formatting the device altogether, but it still doesn't work!

Best Answer

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,712 Community Hub Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello there @Yumna and good day to you.

Understood that you are not able to connect to both your FB and Kingdom accs. I hope you've double check that your internet connection is working perfectly.

The connection error is still under investigation and the tech team is doing what they can to find a solution for this. 

We will post any updates and more info about this here as soon as I have any news on this.

If your internet connection is working well, you may try and disconnect the device from internet, wait for several seconds or more before reconnecting back to the internet for the time being although it may or may not work. Play a level and try to send lives to your friends after that.

Thank you for your patience and happy crushing 😊

Answers

• hechicerilla
    hechicerilla Posts: 10,353 Legend
    edited December 2020
    Options

Hello 👋.

Welcome to the sweet King community

.Sorry you have this problem. It takes weeks happening in several games to many players. It is being investigated but it is complex and there is still no definitive solution. Some players managed to fix this by turning off the device's internet connection (not the internet network, just the device connection) for a couple of minutes, with the game open. When reconnecting the device to the internet everything worked fine. However other players failed to fix it even by reinstalling.

This is what the CM reported 👉read

• wykoon
    wykoon Posts: 12,712 Community Hub Moderator
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello there @Yumna and good day to you.

Understood that you are not able to connect to both your FB and Kingdom accs. I hope you've double check that your internet connection is working perfectly.

The connection error is still under investigation and the tech team is doing what they can to find a solution for this. 

We will post any updates and more info about this here as soon as I have any news on this.

If your internet connection is working well, you may try and disconnect the device from internet, wait for several seconds or more before reconnecting back to the internet for the time being although it may or may not work. Play a level and try to send lives to your friends after that.

Thank you for your patience and happy crushing 😊

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@Yumna Hi and welcome, There is a detailed list for all devices below from one of the CM so would try steps for your device, but at present uninstall is only option for the connection error please try in abit

The connection issue is still under investigation as this is something we have been unable to reproduce!

We have tested this on multiple devices with different operating systems, with Wifi and mobile data and we can't find the issue.

Disclaimer - What can affect connectivity:

- If you're commuting

- If the area were you're located is not remote

- if you are on VPN 

- If your mobile data plan has reached the monthly allowance 

So this is what we recommend:

Android - Delete the game app and clear Google Play Store cache:

1) Go to apps and find the app called 'Settings' 

2) Locate the menu called 'Apps' 

3) Scroll down till you find the 'Google Play Store' 

4) From here click on 'Clear data' then clear cache. 

Please notice that you will get a warning when clicking the 'Clear data' button - not to worry, it's just a reset. 

5) Restart mobile and install the game and try connecting it to Facebook or King account.

Apple devices - Clear Safari cache:

- Disconnect the game from Facebook or King account (if connected).

- Delete Facebook App if you have it installed.

- Clear cache from your Safari: http://www.imore.com/how-clear-stored-website-data-ios-7-safari - (Super important).

- Restart the device and try connecting the game back to Facebook/ King account so your progress can sync.

Windows 10 - Reinstall the game app:

-  How to reinstall!

Facebook:

- Try the steps here

NOTE! Deleting the game app will mean that you will lose any saved boosters, lives your progress made on the Daily Bonus and other extra features.

Player Support will only be able to replace any lost purchased items and if this happens to you, please contact our support team directly from the game app:

- Open the game app

- Select the cogwheel

- Tap on the "?" mark

- Scroll or search for "Purchases and Gold Bars"

- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and hit "Contact Us"

Thank you

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?