Candy Crush Saga Skill Quiz

Options
FlaringCrystal120
FlaringCrystal120 Posts: 3,056 Level 5
edited January 2021 in Discussions

New to the Candy Crush community? Join HERE in two seconds!

Hello everyone! Here is the place to enhance your skills in playing Candy Crush Saga. How well do you play? In this quiz, test your skills by finding the correct answer to each of the 5 questions below. Hopefully, at the end, you will improve your skills. Note that the goal in this quiz is to win a level, not to get a higher score (except in moves levels).

1. You have two moves and one double-layered jelly left. The 81-spaced board contains six colors. The jelly is located on the very bottom-left corner, and is covered by a yellow candy. There are a total of 17 yellow candies on the board, and one piece of four-layered frosting right above the jelly (no other blockers). There is a color bomb formation located near the top of the board, and no possible move to clear the jelly. You have one lollipop hammer and no other boosters. You can also create it by making a normal-3 match, and a cascade will happen. However, you don't know if it will appear next to a yellow candy. What move will you make? a) Remove one layer of jelly with a lollipop hammer. Create the color bomb with a move, and you assume that you can remove the second layer of jelly by switching the color bomb with a yellow candy (you don't know if there is one). b) Make the color bomb by using a lollipop hammer. Then, switch the color bomb with a nearby yellow candy (you don't know if there is one). Finally, you will just try your luck to see if you can remove the second layer. c) Look at the board closely and make a normal match that triggers the color bomb formation. Use a lollipop hammer to remove a layer of jelly. Finally, switch it to clear the jelly.
  2. You are on a level that asks you to create 5 striped candies (5 colors, 81 spaces, and 12 moves, 0 blockers). You have two options. 1) Just make 5 and activate them. 2) Try to duel for a color bomb + striped candy combination. However, this will ruin your chance of most striped candy formations.
  3. You just completed level 1000 and obtained a party booster. In the next level with easy difficulty, you have 5 single jellies left with no blockers. You have 1 move left. Is it better to save the party booster for a hard level or use it now on this easy level?
  4. You just set up a color bomb+striped candy combination on an ingredients level! The board space is 7Ɨ7. However, it's not activated yet. The ingredient is locked in a one-layered sugar chest. There are no other blockers, but there are 49 spaces and 5 colors. Is it better to wait until you have unlocked the chest or use it now to see the action?
  5. Is a color bomb+color bomb combination good for a level that asks you to create 5 color bombs in 20 moves or fewer, 64 spaces, 5 colors, 0 blockers? Not all orders are on the board, you need to make the color bombs. Should you just activate it by removing a color from the board?

Hope this is helpful. You are welcome to post additional questions. Answers are in the comments section below. There is no need to use them in a spoiler warning, and remember to explain why you chose an answer.

šŸ­Happy crushing everyone! šŸ­

Tagging the active Candy Crush Saga players:

@ArmyArms,Ā @firebombmarkus,Ā @frenioz00,Ā @Spinnifix,Ā @MataiceAlison,Ā @Elsa,Ā @Sukanta_Biswas,Ā @Deryck,Ā @christine88,Ā @Scooterpie,Ā @wozziewoo,Ā @Sammyjo,Ā @aijaziqbal,Ā @Princess_lovely,Ā @sameeksha,Ā @Trish24,Ā @jamilsidiq,Ā @bearwithme,Ā @Pitty_Kitty,Ā @hechicerilla,Ā @Pcj,Ā @teresawallace44,Ā @BubbleGumSoda,Ā @me6412,Ā @Loveth_NP,Ā @rajdeeptb,Ā @Spieler_8675309,Ā @lilac1015,@MountainMom,Ā @Leslie_B,Ā @MollyMolls,Ā @CamiloCS,Ā @Perdiansyah,Ā @kiara_wael,Ā @lilikoikissesĀ @Freddy_Falkner,Ā @Jasmina,Ā @NamTruong2001,Ā @WonderlandCentury789,Ā @copas,Ā @fabke,Ā @CerbeRus777,Ā @Aurorabeam,Ā @jenniferhagenbuch48,Ā @KENTFIELDER,Ā @Kezabelle3,Ā @jenniferhagenbuch48,Ā @Sameeksha3,Ā @__MULLIGANACEOUS__,Ā @KrazeK,Ā @MistyTiffi2021,Ā @lakiere

@RobinCorteĀ ,Ā @samm_kml,Ā @Glenn1972,Ā @SabrinaM,Ā @KingChewy,Ā @Werner_Cichy,Ā @Nck,Ā @Nat09,Ā @MiaChristine,Ā @candycrushinit,Ā @BQN537,Ā @gr33n3y3z,Ā @PummyRaj,Ā @ShannaSkywolf,Ā @richcastle,Ā @Albert_Heinrich,Ā @Byrd59,Ā @Marzia333,Ā @tininha1975,Ā @Peter_Tornaros,Ā @Ashraf,Ā @Mary_Kay,Ā @LoveDachs,Ā @Sofia1992,Ā @Yosca,Ā @siti_payung,Ā @MightyWolf,Ā @SBH,Ā @pearl_chetna,Ā @lhalha,Ā @Origins7_Dale,Ā @Anahita_2005,Ā @CandyCrushIsCool,Ā @cjay63,Ā @Evan_Lei,Ā @DieOmimi,Ā @Nix66,Ā @kukajb,Ā @Alex18,Ā @Cristina_20,Ā @Greymane,Ā @yonahselcy,Ā @rebelchild,Ā @sarma_palash123,Ā @crabapple,Ā @MysticalMisty2,Ā @johan1082010,Ā @jeanps,Ā @Icicle_246,Ā @smnafiz,Ā @Annwat,Ā @bekicrusher,Ā @plushytoysfan,Ā @nnarkis,Ā @nursiepooh,Ā @ChrisMiller,Ā @kaosha_1981,Ā @Sameeksha3,Ā @Beam_of_Light,Ā @GlenysB,Ā @reshma_2121,Ā @Timhung,Ā @Scorpio54,Ā @channie8,Ā @actipton80,Ā @me6412,Ā @fable1707,Ā @satnam

Comments

• King_Neal
    King_Neal Posts: 1,584 Level 4
    Options

Thanks for tagging me @FlaringCrystal120. You present some very interesting scenarios. Here is how I would handle them:

1) Option c) sounds like the choice I would make. It gives you the most options on how to use your hammer to remove a layer of jelly.

2) I would pick option 1) and just make the striped candies one at a time. Much harder to make a color bomb and have it next to a striped candy, though I would try to do that if I had to make a larger number of striped candies, like 15 or 20.

3) I would definitely save the Party Booster for a super hard or nightmarishly hard level. Never use a Party Booster on an easy level!

4) I would use the striped/wrapped combination right away. Making any other move will most likely ruin the combo by separating the two special candies or by accidentally activating one.

5) I would use the color bombs separately. By removing all of one color at a time, you will increase your chances of being able to create other new color bombs, where just entirely clearing the board will not increase your chances of making more color bombs.

Thatā€™s how I play, others may have better strategies. If so, I would love to learn new and better ways to handle different situations.

• DieOmimi
    DieOmimi Posts: 37,449 Friends Moderator
    Options

Thanks for tagging me @FlaringCrystal120

I have to say that I think exactly as @nnarkis wrote it. I've often combined a paint bomb with a fish to clear one last jelly. My experience says that the fish are sometimes very naughty and rush on to liquorice and other candies and leave the jelly. So I would never wait until the last move. Rather, I use the lollipop. Strategically, I would proceed like nnarkis.

• siti_payung
    siti_payung Posts: 13,089 Level 5
    Options

Wow... I am not good in imaging the sentences but thanks for the tagging.

• crabapple
    crabapple Posts: 740 Level 3
    Options

@FlaringCrystal120 thank you foe the tag. šŸ˜

This is very interesting. šŸ¤” I find it a little challenging, since I can't see šŸ‘€ the actual board. But, I will try to answer.

1) b. I would make the color-bomb first (to make sure I had it) with the use of my lillipop hammer cause this will still leave 2 moves. I would then hope that a yellow candy appears next to the color-bomb to switch with. And, finally, I would try my luck to remove the second layer.

2) 1, I would try to make the 5 striped candies first then, activate them. Sometimes there is a better chance of a cascade forming to set you up with other stripe options, If you try to form a color-bomb next to a stripe you could end up using all your moves before you form this combination.

3) I would probably wait until the hard level to use my party booster so that I could win the hard level.

4) I would use it now to see the action, cause you could get lucky and unlock the chest.

5) Sometimes using the 2 color-bombs together can help, since it will give you all new candies but, you have to hope for a chance at more combinations to form another color=bomb (or 2). Trying to activate more color-bombs by removing a color is a good way to go too, cause eliminating a color can help to better your chances of getting the color-bomb combination.

• BubbleGumSoda
    BubbleGumSoda Posts: 4,891 Level 5
    Options

Nice guide @FlaringCrystal120 thanks for the tag also

• fabke
    fabke Posts: 3,970 Pro Player 👑
    edited January 2021
    Options

@FlaringCrystal120

I don't know yet how to do it. I'm not such a good player and still under level 1500. So i can't give you a answer.

But I admire the following persons:

I can maybe learn from them @nnarkis @DieOmimi @crabapple, etc...

I will see at my next heavy levels, if i can use the players tips.

• cottonwoodclan
    cottonwoodclan Posts: 21 Level 2
    Options

I lost track of reading about 3 and went to play the game CCS.

Does that count?

• fabke
    fabke Posts: 3,970 Pro Player 👑
    Options

@cottonwoodclan

You tried, maybe you can do nĀ°3 like me

This discussion has been closed.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?