Why change things

Options
PGA
PGA Posts: 4 Newbie

I have been playing the game for quite a while now and it is very frustrating when levels or events/items are changed.

I know that the developers are trying to keep things fresh but dont change things unnecessarily.

For example the Fast Race used to be for gold bars which were very good to collect as sometimes you need extra moves, available for gold bars, to finish a level. It has now changed so you are only competing for stripped/wrapped candies or candy hammer etc. these are all items you can get from the booster wheel or from other sources and there are now no ways to get gold bars other than to buy them!

Now this seems to me to be a cynical move to get players to spend money and these changes are ruining the game for me. Come on King dont spoil the game you will lose players.

Comments

• Freddy_
    Freddy_ Posts: 68,477 Crushing Legend
    Options

@PGA Hi, There has not been a lot of information on this at the moment, but i am guessing this may be another test of the fast race feature. Probably to gain some feedback. Whether this is to be implemented permanently or not i do not know

• PGA
    Options

Its a backward step in my view. Hope its not permanent and they revert back to the way it was.

• Tzvi_Marcu
    Tzvi_Marcu Posts: 2,567 Level 5
    Options

@PGA In my opinion King doesn't like stable things, and for this reason is doing all the time many changes

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,195 Legend
    edited March 2021
    Options

I am no expert at Candy Crush @PGA, but the longer I go without gold bars the more I wonder if I actually needed them in the first place.

Like a lot of people I was annoyed when the gold bars disappeared from the Episode Race a few weeks ago as initially it seemed to take away a valuable option.

After playing without them for what I think is nearly two weeks now I find I don't really miss them at all. This is because I only ever used the gold bars to buy boosters in game, and I now find that I have more than enough boosters through other means. Fantastic Five in particular has provided me with more boosters than I could have bought.

I could be wrong, but reading some of the comments on here I get the impression that the need for gold is related to how far through the game a person has got. That is, it appears to me that those that miss the gold the most are at the higher levels of the game.

Oh and as you say it also appears to me that the change only really affects those people that pay to play.

• PGA
    Options

I hear what you say but I am quite advanced on the levels and it was nice now and again to use the gold bars, when accumulated, to buy extra moves on a particular difficult level. I never used the gold bars to buy boosters as I collected these from other means. I still believe it is a ploy to get people to pay for gold bars and I know that a lot of people would rather give up playing the game than have to pay money to advance levels.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,195 Legend
    Options

Hey @PGA from what you say it would appear that my opinion is more or less correct then, and gold bars are more often than not really useful to players at the advanced levels. This being the case the removal of gold bars makes less and less sense.

As you say it does come across as a ploy to get people to pay for gold bars as I would guess that a lot of the players at your level of the game are determined to win at any cost.

• PGA
    Options

It is not about a 'win at any cost' situation.

I would imagine that the vast amount of people, like myself, play purely for pleasure. I generally play on my commute to and from work. But it can get a bit annoying when you just cannot crack a level after spending several days and, sometimes you are so close, that you just need those extra few move to complete the level.

The gold bars giving you the extra moves were a useful tool, even at the higher levels to give you that extra push when needed.

I still think it is a ploy to get people to pay to play rather than playing for free.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?