New ways to earn boosters.

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
edited April 2021 in Discussions

Please add new ways to earn boosters. Some of the latest levels have been so hard to pass that it takes lot of boosters to clear the levels. 🙄

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,054 Legend
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hello @chaitu83 New Events are always being added to the game, so I think you would be better off making your idea more detailed. Also there is already quite a lot of ways to earn boosters. Wheel, Sweet Cinema, Air Delivery, F5 to name a few. I think a better idea would be to ensure that every player had the same number of ways to earn boosters.

Nothing in the Master List prevents ideas asking for more boosters.

• SmithFamily
    SmithFamily Posts: 7 Level 2
    Options

I agree. I've played Candy Crush for years and I have recently broke my own promise to not buy gold bars. The latest levels are hard to pass without boosters or extra moves.

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @chaitu83 !

I moved your feedback post from Ideas to Discussions.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,054 Legend
    Options

Please add new ways to earn boosters. Some of the latest levels have been so hard to pass that it takes lot of boosters to clear the levels. 

It is not just the latest levels that are hard to pass. I have just finished level 780 and some of the levels just prior to this level required the use of boosters. Levels with liquorice swirls are challenging to say the least, as are levels with separate parts of the board. Now that they have had moves taken away they have become tedious to play as you have to play time and time again until you get a 'lucky board'. Using boosters means that I can generally beat a level quicker than waiting for the right board.

As I said previously I think that there are already a lot of ways to gain boosters and what is needed is that every player should have the same opportunity and number of ways to gain boosters.

Failing that what is desperately needed is more ways to win gold within the game. At least with more gold I could afford to buy a few more boosters.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

@Alienscar It's absolutely true that older levels are also hard sometimes, I play a lot of them for fun and struggle a lot sometimes. I especially struggle with a few levels around 740-750 and some around 900. My latest nemesis is 1140, but I'm not a very good player 😅 The overall difficulty of candy crush has actually decreased over the years, the difficulty for every episode used to be higher than it is now. But some levels are still tricky!

There are quite a few ways to earn new boosters, and they're often circulated so not everyone has the same options all the time. There's the beanstalk, there's the episode race, there's booster wheel, daily treat calendar, F5 etc. Please feel free to suggest something more specific, I'm sure the team working with in-game events to earn boosters would love some new ideas 😊

• Colleen12
    Colleen12 Posts: 706 Level 4
    Options

I agree there are several opportunities to earn boosters the biggest issue is the number of moves. Why not give all levels the same amount of moves that were initially given when the level was released rather than reducing them giving all players an equal opportunity to pass.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

Majority of players will have the same amount of moves on a level. Levels are usually tweaked around the first 2-3weeks after release, some more than others, but the reason we add or remove moves onto levels is because it is the easiest way to tweak levels. If we were to never change moves on levels we would not be able to patch upwards to 100 levels in a day to meet the target difficulties, and players could be stuck with levels that are too hard ir way too easy for weeks until we have time to tweak them all. We want to produce both challenging and easier levels, but with a good balance 😊

Far from all levels get harder after release, and even though we reduce all moves to under 35 after the first week on windows 10 to make sure that levels are not too long, we also change these levels in other ways if needed, like having less layers on blockers or spawning in more special candies 😄

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?