Levels too hard lately

Options
LAngie
LAngie Posts: 9 Level 2
edited April 2021 in Discussions
I want to complain about the last three weeks of episodes. Too many levels have had their moves reduced to unwinnable levels. It’s gotten to the point that I either have to buy gold bars to pass or stay on one level for days hoping for a lucky board. The number of fun levels has been reduced in each episode to one or two. I worked hard (and spent money) to reach this point in the game, but I feel like a fool playing levels 50 times while the best players had enough moves to win in far less attempts. I’m contemplating giving up on Candy Crush. Please leave us with winnable levels

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,413 Legend
    Options

@LAngie Hello

I am guessing from your post that you must be playing at the end of the Candy Crush map. I say this because your type of post is becoming more and more common in this community. It is really difficult to respond to posts like yours as plainly you have a lot of time and money in the game, so I don't want to annoy you by offering unwanted thoughts. But here is my opinion.

The reduction in moves is a deliberate design feature and if I understand correctly the number of moves that a level has initially is always greater than required to allow for troubleshooting. That is, when a level is released it is done so with a degree of uncertainty and the extra moves help the player if any design erors have slipped through. Once released the levels are monitored to ensure that they aren't too hard or too easy. Also they are monitored for issues. At the end of the monitoring period the levels are adjusted accordingly.

The cynics on here will tell you that monitoring the levels for issues and adjusting the number of moves has nothing to do with troubleshooting and is all to do with 'forcing' people to pay for boosters. I will let you decide on that.

Personally I have not yet reached Level 1000 and I have found the number of moves sucks the joy out of playing the game, but I have not yet resorted to using real money. Like you I have been stuck for days on some levels, and this also destoys my enjoyment of the game.

Overall what I find most frustrating is the one step design solution for every level. By that I mean it does not make any sense at all to me that the solution of reducing the number of turns can work for every level, and it comes across as designing by rote.

On last thing if you are really struggling with a level in the 9000's then look for the feedback thread related to your level and leave feedback for it. The more feedback a level has the more likely it will get changed.

To be honest with you my ramblings have probably done nothing to help you at all, and your best bet would be if level designer @LindQ would clarify why things are getting so hard and the game becoming so joyless for a lot of people.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?