More difficult on phone app

Options
Sweetee17
Sweetee17 Posts: 22 Level 2

Does anyone know why the levels are purposely harder on the phone app?

Comments

• Sweetee17
    Options

This one is blurry, but same thing. 10 less moves and more difficult.

• Sweetee17
    Options

Woah, they're quick! I posted this 10 minutes ago and now the computer game is updated to be the same as the phone app...

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,032 Legend
    Options

Does anyone know why the levels are purposely harder on the phone app?

Yes and no is the answer to your question @Sweetee17. Yes, everyone knows that after the initial release on Windows all the levels have twenty or so moves removed from, so when the levels get released on to mobile they are more difficult and in some cases impossible to complete without boosters.

But no, no one has any idea why King thinks this is good for their customers, or the game.

• LindQ
    LindQ Posts: 562 Kingster
    Options

Well, we know that players like both hard and easy levels, which is why we can't keep levels that are way too easy the way that they are. No levels now are more difficult than around 3000-5000, that's where we have the most difficult levels in the game at the moment.

As for your question, @Sweetee17, the levels should be the same on all devices right now, but sometimes it takes longer to update with the newest information. The level in your main post (9295) is awaiting an update to make it a bit easier, but we haven't been able to push them out yet. The other level (9262) is currently at the difficulty most hard levels are at 😊

• Sweetee17
    Options

@LindQ ok... Fair enough. While you're making the levels more difficult, PLEASE don't make them too short. Levels with less than 20 moves are the worst. You don't even feel like you've played and it's over.

On a side note... do you happen to know why boosters can't be saved from device to device like they are on computers? I can play on 2 different computers with the same account/number of boosters, but from phone to tablet and it's different. Can't this all be saved in "the cloud" somewhere? My phone freezes mid-game and I lose EVERYTHING.

• LindQ
    Options

Unfortunately it's saved in the phone's memory, so right now there's no way to transfer them.

We very seldom make levels with less than 20 moves now a days, ws find that between 20-35 moves is the best length of a level.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,032 Legend
    Options

Well, we know that players like both hard and easy levels, which is why we can't keep levels that are way too easy the way that they are.

HI LindQ, I never mentioned hard and easy being a problem what I said was after your routine round of tweaks some of the levels get labeled 'impossible'. This has nothing to do with how hard a level is this is purely down to poor design/lack of testing. You can plainly see the evidence of this just by looking at the level feedback discussions and all of the other discussions with level in their title.

To be honest I am not sure if King really know or care what their players like/want as by your own admission you don't listen to player feedback just data. I wouldn't think that data alone could tell you the likes of the players.

Quote LindQ. It is true that we don't tweak during the weekends, but we don't tweak according to the community complaints (unless someone has a glitch because of boosters etc), we tweak by data. 

• LindQ
    Options

We do listen to feedback when it comes to likes and design choices etc. However, we can't decide difficultly for thousands of players because five-ten people complain online. If there's data to back up claims of difficulty we will of course do something about it (and we often take player suggestions for in which ways players want the level to be easier, like less locks rather than less blockers or less blockers rather than special candies, etc.), but when it comes to hard levels we sometimes know some people struggle a lot while others clear the level within the first tries (with the same iteration). Finding a balance that suits thousands of players that are good at different type of levels is the tricky part!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?