Contest fairness

Options
maryjane117
maryjane117 Posts: 537 Level 3
edited June 2021 in Discussions

I feel like sometimes certain contests are just impossible to win and to compete with players that are hundreds of levels ahead of you...

Im wondering if contests (certain ones maybe?) Could be grouped between where players are at in the game? There's alot of grouping already between F5, leaderboard. Etc

Just a thought, no biggie.

Comments

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

Hi @maryjane117 !

I moved your post from Ideas to Discussions.

What specific events are you referring to?

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,720 Legend
    Options

I think I know where you are coming from @maryjane117, but with over two hundred million people playing the game I would guess that trying to come up with groups that suit everyone would be a really difficult task for the programmers.

When I first started playing CCS I tended to do quite well in most contests. Collect crowns, collect Sugar Stars, complete levels, etc. and I always finished first or second in my Episode Races.

I have quickly learnt that this was only because I had just started and now that I have passed level 1000 I never win anything. Contests that require crowns, and completed levels are redundant when moves have removed from levels resulting in player's being stuck for hours/days.

The other problem with contests is that you don't know who is paying to play. So even if I were in a contest with thirty people (Leaderboard) playing the same contest it wouldn't be a level playing if some of them were buying boosters.

What kind of grouping would you like to see that would make contests fairer MaryJane?

• maryjane117
    maryjane117 Posts: 537 Level 3
    edited June 2021
    Options

@Alienscar

Yeah your right I know it's definitely hard with how many players there are. I don't know exactly how grouping could work. Maybe in the same way that F5 or leaderboards are? Sometimes players on levels 1-3000 don't stand a chance against players that are way up there or whatever. At first I felt really good about my score in the Summer Tiffi contest but then players that are super advanced blew by everyone....which is no fault of their own, just no way of beating them.

Just a thought, I will continue to enjoy the game but wanted to throw it out there 😊

It's just becoming too hard to pass certain levels without boosters and too hard to win them. Not that I haven't won from time to time but they were random wins, nothing point wise. I want to continue to play for fun and it's almost becoming frustrating instead. Stuck on the same level for weeks is not fun

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?