Ice Cream Truck carrying ''Power Pops''!

Options
arwen777
arwen777 Posts: 1,394 Level 5

The cute ice cream truck that you can see at the photos below appeared in my game today, saying that it carries ''power pops'' which will enhance my candies in the next levels! 😊💖 I haven't used any of them yet, so I have no idea how helpful they are or how they operate! Do you? I was wondering who else got it!

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,656 Legend
    Options

I have not seen this in my game yet, and as I haven't got passed level 1800 yet I doubt I will see it anytime soon.

Looks like a lucky candy in the middle and possibly an undo last move, or add move on the right. Not sure about the one on the left, some sort of beefed up colour bomb.

• arwen777
    Options

That's what I thought too about the colourbomb @Alienscar! My guess for the blue ice cream is that it gives an extra move or something. As for the purple one, that's a mystery as the question mark always is! 😜

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

This is a new feature that is being tested at the moment, so it's available for only a few players.

If all goes as planned it will come to all player's games later this year.

• Michael-6
    Michael-6 Posts: 987 Level 3
    edited August 2021
    Options

For some reason, my post appeared three times!

deleted: multiple comment

• Michael-6
    edited August 2021
    Options

deleted: multiple comment

• Michael-6
    Options

This features is activated in my game, so some feedback:

1) Once activated, the power pop lasts for three levels. The first screenshot below shows this in my game, with the three levels coloured pale blue.

2) As @Alienscar guessed, the purple lolly does indeed spawn mystery candies, for every 25 purple candies you collect. In my experience, most of these create liquorice or toffee swirls, so not very helpful and i avoid this one.

3) The colour bomb one results in the first 2 colour bombs on the level clearing 2 colours rather than one. If you combine with with special candies, you get two sets of special candies. This isn't always as helpful as it sounds, particularly with the wrappers. Also, combining 2 of these special colour bombs doesn't give you 2 board clearances, so a bit short changed there! Second screenshot below shows the beefed up colour bomb.

4) Haven't come across the blue one yet, so no comment here.

5) You need to be able to deactivate this feature. In some levels it really is no help at all. I have it activated for a stupidly hard level- 9913- and it is making it impossible to clear.

6) It looks like this will cost 7 gold bars a go; as it works now, i don't think i would use my gold bars for it.

In summary- interesting feature, but needs some tweaking.

Power pop activated:

Special colour bomb:

• arwen777
    Options

Thank you very much for your answer @Michael-6! I was looking forward to hear a description from a player who had actually tried the feature! And thank you for your advice regarding the purple ice cream! I believe I'll avoid it too!

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Options

@arwen777 @Michael-6 Please remember that the feature is still in the first test phase. More functions and features are in the making to the ice-cream truck so more sweet things will be added. Some things may also get changed in the coming versions.

• arwen777
    Options

I tried the enhanced colourbomb today and I have to say that my first impression of it is positive! The ability it gives the player to remove two colours at once can do wonders at certain levels! For example levels that you need to remove many blockers (ice, waffles, licorice) and you only have a few moves to do it. Or levels with ingredients that need to be brought down quickly. The explosions it creates and the new special candies that get formed in the process clear the board faster. However, I get what @Michael-6 said before that sometimes it can backfire and create more problems than solve. All in all, you have to be careful where you choose to use it!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,656 Legend
    Options

The beefed up Colour Bomb sounds like it works a bit like the Colour Streak. The Streak worked by changing one colour on the board to another colour, so you could end up with the board nearly full of just one colour. This led to the creation of all sorts of special candy and colour bombs.

For me the advantage of the Streak over the new Colour Bomb was that the Streak only cost three gold, and you didn't have to use it.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?