⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Are uninteruptable ads to stay?

Options
MarcBali
MarcBali Posts: 5 Level 2

Since several weeks I cannot interrupt ads shown in several candy crush games. I would like to know if this is according to a new policy (in which case I can uninstall all king games) or is this a temporary anoying problem that will be resolved shortly (in which case I will wait a while playing until this problem is resolved)

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,040 Legend
    Options

Yes @MarcBali adverts that you can't skip are here to stay. I have had very few skippable adverts in my game anyway to be honest. I couldn't say for sure if it is a new policy, but I haven't seen any skippable adverts for over two months now, so I guess they aren't coming back. Don't forget I imagine it is the advert producers and not King that decide if an advert can be skipped or not.

• MarcBali
    Options

Then maybe kikng should talk to the advert producers telling them they start losing gamers because of this...

• Alienscar
    Options

I have mentioned this before in other posts, but if I were an advertiser doing business with King I wouldn't pay to place my advert if it could just be skipped after 5 secs. Requesting that all adverts are skippable is just another way of saying you don't want adverts. If you don't want the adverts you don't have to watch them. If you want free boosters I think it is a fair trade off to spend 30 secs watching an advert.

• GosnellM
    GosnellM Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

Unskippable is one thing, but I can’t even close the ad when it’s finished. I have to close the game altogether and lose my free moves opportunities. Is anyone else having this issue?

• Alienscar
    edited September 2021
    Options

Yes I would say other people are having your issue. From what I can gather there are quite a few issues with adverts. Black screen, causing crashes, no boosters, won't start that sort of thing. Unfortunately I don't think I have seen a fix mentioned. Just keep your app up to date and clear your cache is all you can do

• MarcBali
    Options

In answer to Alienscar

One, it is not only when clicking a booster. I stopped using booster already several weeks ago because of these uninteruptable ads. These also occur after having played several levels.

Second, I agree that ad producers want to get the max out of their ads. First ads were interuptable. I sometimes watched them but often closed them very quickly. Then ads were uninteruptable for 5 seconds. Pretty annoying since other people are blocking MY phone. But 5 seconds was acceptable. If now 30 seconds of unteruptable ads becomes the norm then my guess is many gamers will uninstall games that support this. That is not what the ad producer wants. It is not what the game producer wants and it is not what the gamer want. Lose, lose situation all over.

My advise to game and ad producers: be polite and not too greedy. Realize that people do not want to loose 20% of their time waiting for ads to finish.

• Alienscar
    edited September 2021
    Options

@MarcBali Are you saying that you have adverts that start automatically without you having to press play? I have never seen that type of advert in the game.

If that is the case then I would agree with you. if the advert is forced on you then you should always be provided with a quit option. Even YouTube allows you to close automatic adverts.

By the way I don't if you intended to, but you have hyperlinked my profile instead of tagging me.

• MarcBali
    Options

To Alienscar. I a mlazy: I copied your name and pasted it in my answer not knowing it was a link :) Sorry.

When I want a booster I always get an ad, the last several weeks an uninteruptable ad. But sometimes my guess is each +- 5 games), also just pressing Play starts an ad. And those were sometimes uninteruptable several weeks ago, but now they are often uninteruptable. Well ... I can press on the I(nformation) symbol and then get a screen asking if I want to hide or report the ad. When I use that feature the game sometimes does not allow a choice of charater to play, and sometimes it complely hangs (only way out is killing the app).

The issue really is that I consider my phone to be MINE and I want to make decisions if I want to see an ad yes or no. If ads always appear when choosing a booster I have the choice to not choose a booster (which I usually do because I don't want to wait 30 seconds)..An uninteruptable ad when just choosing play is for me unacceptable.

I hope that people at King read this thread and will discuss this topic internally.

• Alienscar
    Options

@MarcBali you must have a different feature than me as I can choose to play without seeing an advert

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?