CS rep refusing to restore lost progress.

Options
tsnj420
tsnj420 Posts: 3 Newbie
edited October 2021 in Discussions

I've reported to customer service that I lost progress to my game over a week ago. It took nearly a week to get in touch with a live rep because they seemed content to just send me bot emails.

There seems to have been a bug in which the game failed to save after I completed an episode race in 2nd place. I noticed that it didn't load the gold bar reward for that, but I kept playing for a few more levels and reached 3593. I took a break from the game and when I returned a short time later I saw that I'd been knocked back to level 3589.

The rep I was unfortunately assigned to has made all sorts of excuses to why I lost my progress (playing on multiple devices, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, etc) Basically all reasons to place blame on me, the player, and not the buggy app itself. It's now reached a point where this particular rep is trying to get me to repeat myself and explain my situation multiple times, because he clearly doesn't want to restore my levels or the golden bar reward for the race. Below is a copy and paste of the last email I received from him:

Thanks for getting back to us with I will gladly assist you further.

I understand you case and we can restore your missing levels if you want me to, I will help you with this but I just want to understand what went wrong.

If you did not switch devices and do not play on multiple devices then this means that the levels simply disappear from your map is that correct? and you only lost 4 levels right?

If you have any more questions feel free to contact me again.

Hope this explains better your situation.

Kind regards,

Luis

King Player Support

Notice how this 'Luis' character is acting about the fact that I've "only" lost 4 levels. The levels are difficult to pass at this stage in the game, so when I do pass them, I have no intention of playing them again.

I've sent in yet another complaint about my lost progress and am hoping I get matched with a more competent representative. Experiences like this make me glad that I've never put a dime into this game, and have just used my patience to get to the levels that I'm at. This post was mostly just to vent.

Thank you for reading

Edit: For further clarity, there was a time when I played Candy Crush on more than one device. My android, and my facebook account on PC. I DEACTIVATED my facebook account months ago, and I've only been playing on my droid since then. So this narrative that keeps trying to be pushed that I'm playing on multiple devices is FALSE.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?