Candy Crush not working in Windows 7

mister_Masa
mister_Masa Posts: 2 Newbie

Used to play Candy Crush with my PC on a browser at King.com - now i cannot play because have Win 7. Is there any way for me to play again in some way?

Best Answers

Answers

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓

↑↑↑

Hey there, welcome to the forum; but unless you've got access to a mobile device/or machine with Win(blows) 10 (or newer), the game is over for you.

See this:

Or if you already have a Facebook/Meta account (you probably wouldn't create one just to play a silly game like this), you could try that platform...

• mister_Masa
    mister_Masa Posts: 2 Newbie

Well thats ok then, game(s) over for me. I wonder if people at King realize how many players they will lose ...

Thanks for the answer & info.

• Spieler_8675309
    Spieler_8675309 Posts: 4,308 Level 5

↑↑↑

You bet.

And they probably do, but couldn't care less...

• Crazy Cat Lad
    Crazy Cat Lad Posts: 14,123 Community Manager
    Answer ✓

Hi @mister_Masa and welcome to our Community!

Please note also that Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft.

In order to continue play the games on Facebook or via the Windows app, we recommend to use Windows 10 or Windows 11.

You can also continue playing on a mobile device.

• acidblood
    acidblood Posts: 2 Newbie

Candy Crush still works on Facebook with a Windows 7 PC.

I have an old, slow laptop running windows7 and the game runs fine. I play everyday. Using an old Mozilla Firefox browser, which makes the game run 5 times smoother than on an updated Chrome browser.

Everything was fine, except since today, the game now runs in a small mobile-like format even on desktop. What's the point of playing on a large desktop monitor if the game forces you to adopt a tiny mobile-like format ? That does it for me.

Already as a free player, it's tough -- the game is MUCH harder than when I last played regularly, which was in 2017. But even while never spending a single cent on this game, by playing patiently ... having a good strategy to use the chocolate box boosters and daily promotions boosters, free gold bars from races, etc. I was able to play and have fun.

Very tough though -- during some episodes, there are many many hard, super hard and nightmarish levels in a row. I've seen NINE such levels in a row recently. There used to be a max of 1 nightmarish level per episode, but now it's unlimited. Even the 'normal difficulty' levels they change designs and give you less moves to incite you to buy Gold Bars or boosters.

But now that does it. They've taken the little enjoyment I had left in the game, by making the interface tiny even on a Windows PC. First, they cease support for browser play via King.com. Which makes absolutely NO sense to me, since they have -- had -- many paying players using King.com on browser. I'm sure the $$ those players brought in was greater than the expenses of keeping Candy Crush and other games available via King.com. So it makes absolutely no sense, plus they announced that without ever telling us the real reason to cease support.

Common sense is completely gone in 2023. How about this : if it truely did cost too much in development ressources for King.com to keep King.com browser games alive, why not just STOP updating the King.com browser versions of Candy Crush and other King games ? Keep updating to grab more money on mobile, Facebook and other platforms. But put little to no ressources on King.com browser play. Let the games available there as is, only costing you server bandwidth. It would have been wiser than ceasing support completely, alienating you some hardcore players who refused to switch to another platform. Sure, a bunch of King.com browser players must have switched to another platform. But you also lost some paying players you could have kept for very little $$ investment. Common sense and business sense. Gone.

Good luck to all players that do remain, I'm out.

• PummyRaj
    PummyRaj Posts: 42,544 Candy Moderator

Hello @acidblood 🤗 Hearty Welcome to our King Community!

I hear you, and agree with your points about many changes the Candy Studio brought into the game!! Some are great and some are not so favorite!!

The small screen you have right now, is due to changing the game to”Portrait Version”! And it is one change many many players are not agreeing with!!

Hopefully, the Candy Studio will listen to all of us and change it back to as it was🤞🤞

Thank you for providing your valuable feedback. Have a wonderful rest of the day🍫🍫

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?