⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

give up lives stuck

Options
startopaz
startopaz Posts: 35 Level 2

the option that adds lives when you give up is stuck on purchase 5 lives for 10 gold bars. What happened to adding a life each time one gives up to 35 lives for 10 gold bars?

I have used 70 lives on level 3272 but am only offered 5 lives for 10 gold bars when I give up or run out of lives. What happened to the added extra lives each time one gives up after 10 lives?

Why was this option taken away?? Was it so King could make more money by making the game more difficult and unenjoyable?

Please don't respond with a "auto response" or tips on how to get by a level. Only persons who can offer a comprehensive answer need respond.

Answers

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,783 Legend
    Options

You are in the wrong place for a comprehensive reply @startopaz as only King know the real reasons for why they do what they do.

The easiest conclusion to come to is that King removed the extra moves for monetary reasons as we all know that the lazy design practice of removing moves results in some levels only being completable if you use gold to buy the extra moves.

Personally I also think that the removal of the extra moves is linked to the 'unlimited' lives that people used to have. I think people having 1000 lives to use upset King's finances as people had no need to buy extra lives and they could also get the full use out of any timed boosters they won.

The extra moves seem to be returning to a lot of people's games now, but many people have now lost their unlimited lives and gained a life acceptance limit instead.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?