Extra moves stuck on 5 AGAIN.??

teenybee
teenybee Posts: 118 Level 2

II’ve just played level 12454 about 10 times and the extra moves offer is still on 5. Again.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Fran334
    Fran334 Posts: 380 Level 3

I am not at the level you said what do you have to do for the level in question I hope you can pass it soon

• teenybee

Thank you @Fran334, I got it eventually.

It seems that the extra moves don’t start to increase now until after 15 failed tries, instead of 5 - that’s the way it used to be.

So it now takes 25 failed tries before you can buy 35 extra moves to help get past a very difficult level (and no guarantee that even that will work).

With using lives from your friends limited to 20 a day…..well, you can do the maths.

Another nonsensical development.

• 5021Evergreen
    5021Evergreen Posts: 307 Level 3

Here we go again!! BORING, BORING, BORING!!

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5

Yo, highest tier player,

I've seen these 35 extra moves mentioned elsewhere too but I thought it was some premium stuff. From what you've said, I concluded that one must (now, following some ninja change) fail the same level 15+ times before the extra moves 10 gold bars can buy are increased to well over 5. Is this correct?

I'm at lvl 4881 and I've never seen 5+ extra moves. I got stuck at some level a month ago but I guess I took fewer than 15 tries.

So, what if you don't have 10 gold bars to pay for extra moves? Someone complained of some impossible to clear level due to severely reduced moves. Is Candy Crush a totally pay-to-play game at lvl 12000+? If so, what would your advice be to me to enjoy the game the longest - save gold bars for as long as possible even if it means losing Sam's Streak? 20 lives/day limit aside. I've figured the Weekly Race and Sam's competition are plain useless, as rewards are simply not worth the resources required to win. 🤔

• teenybee

Hi @Doondie

Yes, that’s exactly how the extra moves work, though it now seems to be around 20 failed attempts before they start to increase, in multiples of 3, up to the maximum 35 extra moves for 10 gold bars. If necessary, you can then buy a further 35 moves for 16 gold bars, which I’ve had to do on occasion, and which just shows how ridiculous the number of starting moves is on some levels.

If you don’t have or are not prepared to buy gold bars on the higher levels, you can still play of course. You just have to keep plugging away and hope for a miracle board! For me anyway, well over half of these levels are impossible to pass without buying extra moves.

So yes, a good stash of gold bars is a must when you get to that stage. I agree about Sam’s Streak, but I do think the Episode Race (when it’s working) can be worth the resources. Getting 1st place in 3 episodes in a row nets you 20, then 30 and then 40 gold bars, and stays at 40 for as long as your streak continues. As of now, that’s the best way to build up a reserve.

But for now, just enjoy playing levels that are playable!

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5

Thanks a lot for addressing all of my concerns! 😇

Starting backwards, I meant Sam's Streak and Weekly Contest - usually, it costs me much more to end up at #1 than the reward I get, since the more you play, the more likely you are to make need help (boosters and gold bars).

As for Episode Race - I hadn't noticed the reward increases from 20 to 40 GB. Or I've just forgotten. Regardless, buying moves a couple of times and even that reward is easily gone. Eventually, one would need to buy boosters too, and a bundle of 10 UFOs costs 139 GB. But yes, at least that reward is good. Too bad, just like other competitions (Sam's & Weekly), ranks #2+ get total crap.

Regarding extra moves - it's ridiculous! They are evidently well aware how hard it could be. +35 moves is sometimes 2x more than the initial moves, which proves they give too few to start with in order to force us to buy resources, and that's appalling.

Based on your feedback, I'll stick to my newly adopted strategy of taking it easy. When I came back to the game 4-ish months ago, I once reached 526 levels in the Weekly Contest which was totally unnecessary, as it eventually lead to severely depleting my resources. Yes, I progressed in the game but I almost quit when I dropped to 1 gold bar & no in-level boosters. 😒 So I was forced to adopt a more balanced approach if I wanted to keep playing without getting sick of failing and begging for lives, and waiting for the daily limit now. This said, I shouldn't burn everything on the ongoing Cup competition, as reward isn't that impressive, tbh. "1x Party Booster a day" sounds like "use or lose" to me, i.e. if you don't play, you get nothing, as if 1 booster is that much anyway.

Cheers! 😝

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?