The Episode & Weekly Races

Options
messenabout
messenabout Posts: 313 Pro Player 👑

1) Episode Race, I might be irked about something but it could be that I just don't understand how it works. I'm on my 4th streak meaning I finished the episode first in the past four episodes one after another. It's a great way to get gold bars lol. So I finish the episode in first, move to the next episode and the new race begins. How is it that I'm starting the race in 4th position? There's three people ahead of me! To my understanding a race means everybody starts at the same time at the same place, or you're timed. But there's no one watching the clock. So how does it work then? Because things always seem to be working against us.

2) Weekly Race, were we speaking of the troll? Imo the troll is still in the game, he just looks like a normal person with a normal name. I think he's an undercover mole with bionic upgrades and has a higher security clearance than the rest of us. Lol. But don't you think?

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,787 Legend
    edited October 2022
    Options

@messenabout

1: Do you mean when you start a race some of the competitors are several levels ahead of you, or do you mean you are just in fourth place when you start.

If you mean that competitors are several levels ahead of you then I can't think why this would happen.

If you just mean you are shown in fourth place, then think nothing of it. This is just the game playing mind tricks on you. By showing you in fourth place the game is trying to get you to play (and possibly pay) to gain first place.

2: Depends what you are complaining about I would say. If you find a player is completing hundreds of levels, then I would agree the Troll has just been replaced by a normal player.

If you mean you are being beaten by players scoring a realistic number of levels, then this isn't a Troll it is just that the levels are too hard for us to compete in the Contest.

I am forever being beaten in my Weekly Contest by a player that is near to the end of the map. They only complete 45 levels, but they do this every time they appear, and I struggle to complete 45 levels in a week. Reading about how difficult the levels are at the end of the map I can only imagine that this player must pay to play. I won't say that it is unfair as 'fair' is a fairly meaningless term, but it is annoying.

I am resisting the urge to unfriend this player as I think that is what King want me to do.

• messenabout
    Options

This shot is where I am now it has no actual bearing on what I was referring to but I can use it for an example. It shows me in first place you can see that I'm in line at this point to win the most gold bars for 1st place in completing the episode. At the top as you can see it shows approximately which level each of us in this race are on. Previously it showed each of the levels but they've simplified it I guess now. Just basically is there to show you who's ahead in the race.

The occurrence of what I was actually speaking to which in fact was not the first time ive seen this same thing.

Ok so in this instance the episode starts at 9770. No when I was talking about it I was in first place for the last four episodes meaning I came in first place and won an increasing amt of gold bars for first place I think up to 40 bars with Max. So we named four episodes in a row winning all the gold bars that was so fun by the way, you would think that nobody would be ahead of me at the start of the next episode but when I looked at where we were now referring to this current screenshot I was not the frontrunner. There would be people ahead of me in the episode. you see how it has a slant towards first to last places and this is just showing that way because of the amount of bars that you win. But it also shows that you've completed more levels in that episode or how many you've competed compared to everyone else you're racing against. Now a race is a race right un which you all start at the same starting line at the same time or you are timed, but that's not the case. So being the front runner in four complete episodes if anyone's giving an advantage to start the next episode that would be me. I don't think it works that way I think you all start at the same place whether I was the FrontRunner in previous ones or not it was my job to stay at the front in order to stay the champion. But if we're all starting at the same place at the same time how is it that there are others ahead of me? E.g. I get to the start of the race in the new episode and I will see people at maybe level 9782 already and I'm only at 9770, the starting gate. How is it erased if somebody's already 12 levels ahead of you when you start that makes no sense to me a race is a race.

I have to apologize for my lack of punctuation and run-on sentences and for maybe confusing you even more I hope not though.

• messenabout
    Options

Re the troll. What I'm saying is there was enough backlash about the troll and trying our race at all and always winning so that none of us could they took the troll out but he's still there he's just disguised as an actual player. Either that or they are cheaters. How can It be, say I've completed 18 levels, someone else has done 21 so we are in second and first place at this point. I play everyday so I know where I am and who's around me all the time and I watch it because I like to win this race there's good value in it. And you can see people actively trying to get ahead of you right that's the fun in it it's a race and you're striving to get better you know oh I just got to edge that guy out a couple more levels right you get what I mean it's fun I like that about this race right. I say right a lot sorry lol Then all of a sudden someone has now completed 63 levels and of course haven taken the lead. Pushing us back to second and third which means nothing cuz you basically get nothing. A color bomb whoop dee doo! Well we can see each other jockeying for position through the week how all of a sudden does this person appear and they've never even been on the leaderboard at all? And when I first noticed this sometimes it was two players even before the troll and probably referring to cheaters at this point but what I mean is it they were ridiculously stupid numbers like 403 levels and it's only Sunday at 10:00 p.m. or something you know it's like not even possible. Anyway so now this person that is at 60 what did I say 63 levels and first place and it seems as say I am coming up from behind again it's driving to get up there and now I'm in second place or it seems they keep watching it and adding you know 15 or 30 more levels to their total as people get closer to them so that they're not way out in front unrealistically cuz that as I said is way too obvious but they watch it and but make sure they're still aware of their but you don't see it as a progression you know you won't come on tonight after I've been playing for 3 hours this afternoon or you can see I've gone from completing 18 levels to 24 levels say okay you can see that and then you know you can see the other names coming up oh yeah he's he's done two levels or whatever you know he's been at work whatever right do you understand what I'm saying. And it always seems that you could be in first place till Thursday and by Saturday night or Sunday whenever it is there's no way you can even get there because that person is always one or more steps ahead of you. And this is how the troll was. I think I believe it's my opinion I mean that the troll is just disguised as player number blah blah blah with a normal Avatar. But it's the troll, it's King basically making sure someone doesn't win that big cache of prizes. And OR, there are hackers that do this in order to just win everything all the time and I don't know how that makes them feel good but it's one or the other or both. I have seen these things I've taken screenshots of them at least twice probably three times to king customer service and while they never have a response to my mention of the troll, they tell me time and again they're always on the lookout for cheaters and they appreciate me bringing this to their attention and they're striving really hard to find ways to make sure this doesn't happen blah blah blah same old script. Boot their butts to the curb! Suspend them give them a penalty or ban them from playing. But I understand that these players just come in under another name or whatever but there must be a way that they know where they're coming from and if not well how do they get back to the exact same race that I'm at you know and at first the usernames were the same at the top couple and sometimes maybe three people but I think that also changes now because people like me are on the ball.

As I said the game is fun because we are competing against each other in some of these races. It's fun to try and be faster do more yet further and when right? I mean of course the big bundle of boosters is lovely but that's great for a moment the race is the fun part so I don't understand what it is in some people that make them want to just take everything. It's like cheating at golf. You know that that's not your real score at the end of the day and it's not affecting anybody else's score. They may not ask you to come back and play in there foursome but these cheaters have no bearing on their end game. But when you get to win those nice boosters that quite often we really need because of King's other devious ways you know what I'm saying it's just aggravates me more than I'm allowed to say on here LOL.

(Again I talk text because I'm not good at using my thumbs on my little phone and it's not always coming out right and it is not proper writing style, it's just talking and I talk too much a lot of the time. So there you go. I know the people that want will read it so that's all good. I just get going on about it but it's also difficult to explain it and get your point across without voice inflection and body movement you know so I probably overdo it. Besides I don't have a heck of a lot to do anyway LOL)

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?