📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

🚫 Issue: Matches/Combos not scoring after updating my game

Options
13»

Answers

• Deryck
    Deryck Posts: 1,130 Level 5
    Options

And I don't know how to take video, but--OK, so I may have exaggerated before about not being able to get even more than 1 star on all levels. However, the score differences are quite noticeable compared to how they should be.

I was right that it's most obvious/apparent in 3-colored levels (possibly 2-colored levels too but I haven't reached those yet to test). For instance, as of a week ago I would average 1,000,000-2,000,000 points for L1167, a 3-colored level. Now? :

It makes absolutely no sense to play new levels while this glitch exists as it means achieving target scores can be next to impossible. So, King, you're on notice.

• glorytoUkraine
    glorytoUkraine Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

Same issue. Level 16 impossible to get 2/3 stars

• Deryck
    Options

Good suggestion; couldn't even win that one on my 1st try lol.

A more doable earlier level that's also a great example:

• Deryck
    Options

@QueenB What does King have to say on this issue? Silence? Are we just supposed to wait till these Cauldron challenge or blue microphone events end to see if the scoring mechanism returns to normal?

• Superpepe
    Superpepe Posts: 8 Level 2
    Options

Now the blue microphones are gone, but the scoring problem still remains.-

• Deryck
    Options

So you're just gonna cat lad us, @QueenB? Yes, it's now a verb meaning any nonresponsive person.

And if ya keep this up, you'll be known as Crazy Cat Lad 2.0.

BTW, the latest CCS commercial shows the Pumpkin Party/Cauldron Challenge event as having orange pumpkins to collect, but I just have the regular orange candies. Tell King they should cease their false advertising. >.<

• Superpepe
    Options

Hello to all:

Maybe could be useful some update about the issue. I will tell what happens to my game.-

1) Now, the blue microphones are gone, and the issue had evolved. A simple match (three candies or sometimes four) did not score any points. For example, if you match three orange candies, and there are no spontaneous combination of other candies as a consequence of the match, you score zero points. It happened to me also with the blue and the green candies.-

2) The matches with combinations, or explosions, give points as always; but for reach high scores, you need to have a "friendly" candies dropping, able to produce spontaneous combinations, several times in the same game. Without it, is impossibile to reach 3 stars.-

3) In my case, I'm scoring very few points comparing with my average, and I'm getting stuck much more than normal in the easy levels. I also have spend a lot of gold bars trying to score more points, buying both boosters and extra moves.-

4) Now, I'm dealing with the 5166 level, and I did not have noticed any solution, or resettle of the scoring mechanism to the previous system.-

Best regards.-

• Deryck
    Options

@Superpepe wrote: "I also have spend a lot of gold bars trying to score more points, buying both boosters and extra moves.-"

^ Dude. Are you that addicted to the game that you choose to continue playing new levels while there's a known glitch around?😂

I'm just catching up on my streaming shows while King's latest FAIL abounds.

I agree with your point 1 that the issue has gotten worse; I observe the same thing about normal 3-colored matches now yielding 0 (no) points.

It is absolutely shameful and atrocious that King has provided no comment on this critical issue.

• Superpepe
    Options

Hello to all:

I have temporarily solved the problem. What I did is install the 1.237.0.3 version; and the difference regarding the scoring points is very huge. For example:

In a simple match on jelly levels, of three candies, in the latest version the score is of 80 points (or sometimes, zero), clearing only 3 jellies. In the 1.237.0.3 version (released in september 2022), you score 3120 points making the same combination.-

However, installing and old version makes me lose all the booster I had gathered.-

@Deryck I like the game, really funny, so I'll keep playing it. And I hope that the problem can be solved soon!

• Superpepe
    Options

Hello to all!

Almost two months passed, and the issue of the scoring mechanism is not fixed yet. With the actualized version of the game, is nearly impossible to get three stars in some levels.-

When we will have some news about it'

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?