🐉 What do you think about Denize the dragon? What's behind her creation for this game?

Options
snakegore999
snakegore999 Posts: 546 Level 3
edited November 2022 in Discussions

In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Candy Crush, I'd like to pop a few questions about what I think is the most enigmatic character in the game: the Chinese dragoness Denize.

One strange thing about her that I've noticed, other than how the game doesn't show her legs very often, is that she just appears menacing, with jaws that mostly comprise her head, thorny spikes running down much of her spine and sharp claws on every finger except her thumb. Factor those features in and I'm led to wonder whether such a character, who looks like a terrifying sea serpent or a carnivorous plant, should exist in an otherwise whimsical, sweet game. But then again, I love her because she's super chill and friendly and reminds us that we should never judge a book by its cover, or someone by their looks, and I am looking forward to seeing her completely more often. I can already imagine her tough, soft-toed legs being strong enough to crush candy with every single step she can make and I've been fond enough to come up with a few nice nicknames for her: "Izzy" (also good for super-long lizards like her)...or the long lemonade-loving lizard lady (try saying that several times fast).

I just finished a poll on Reddit where I asked players about what they think of her and almost everyone said that she's more adorable than scary.

Now I'd like to ask a few questions:

1. What do you think about Denize? Do you think she's adorable in spite of her menacing reptilian looks? Why?
  2. Why was Denize created for this game? Can anyone shed some light over her concept and creation?
  3. Do you think Denize story-wise belongs in a game like Candy Crush? Why?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?