⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• Richard7462
    Richard7462 Posts: 10 Level 2
    edited July 2023
    Options

They are making it for mobile users only with the portrait view which sucks, I've played for many years and spent good money playing but no more!!!

• Ellie_Hood
    Ellie_Hood Posts: 28 Pro Player 👑
    edited July 2023
    Options

One upside of using a tablet is that it is a lot harder to give King money in portrait mode. Most of the time my Face ID doesn’t work sideways, so if I really want to buy whatever, I have to turn the tablet back into landscape mode and type in my complicated Apple password. Sometimes it’s just not worth the effort.

We all know King isn’t greedy and doesn’t want more money, so they won’t correct this. [In case you don’t recognize it, that was sarcastic.]

• LenaJH
    LenaJH Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited July 2023
    Options

It's absolutely impossible to play the game now, my eyes hurt from just looking at the microscopic board, seriously. I don't even attempt to play, even though I have played Candy Crush for more years than I care to admit. This is a change that's entirely unacceptable and it's going to destroy the game for sure.

• trishah
    trishah Posts: 42 Level 2
    Options

It's been days since I have been able to play! I was closing in on 6,000 levels and have money still in the game. PLEASE change it back!

• weedersbud
    weedersbud Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

It absolutely brutal that so many of us have registered our disapproval of the new portrait format, especially older people who play on larger devices - landscape is not only better to see but holding the device is easier, but you just ignore us or tell us not to worry, it’s making the game better….NO IT ISN’T

• Larksong
    Larksong Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options

It is July, 2023. Complaints about not being able to play in landscape orientation date back at least to November, 2022. “Test” or not, what I see is a company that could not care even a tiny bit less about their customers. I will probably continue to play, but I won’t spend any money to play until you stop trying to mollify us and FIX THE PROBLEM. I suggest other players do the same.

• lilmare11
    lilmare11 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited July 2023
    Options

my game is not loading. And can you please put the game back to the size it was.

• lilmare11
    lilmare11 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited July 2023
    Options

I have not been able to get on candy crush saga for about 2 weeks. When I try to load the game it says wait or exit page. Also I have a 17 inch screen on my computer and it is so hard to play this game because it is smaller. Please go back to the way it was and please can someone email me about my issues,

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 145,651 Candy Moderator
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi and Welcome to the King Community

Recently a changed was made in the game to only let players play in Portrait mode (this is how the game would look like when playing on a phone). This change is also effective on Windows. Currently there’s no plans on changing this back, but please leave your feedback on the change in this discussion.

You can also find more information about the change here: https://community.king.com/en/candy-crush-saga/kb/articles/2165-why-cant-i-play-in-landscape-mode-anymore

• Diamond_Lim
    Diamond_Lim Posts: 152,170 Diamond Diaries Moderator
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello there and Welcome to Sweet King Community! New Candy Crushers! 👋

Thank you for your feedback! The Candy Crush Games' Studio Team is running a test right now. That is the reason, you can play in Portrait mode only.

⚠️ Need more help? Check our FAQ:s HERE and Help Center HERE!

If you want to ask this game question, please ask on Candy Crush Support Community (Correct Area) next time. Thanks! 😉

Have a nice and safety day! ❤️😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?