⚠️ Need help? Check our FAQ:s first HERE
📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

⭕ Why can't I play in landscape mode anymore? Game too small!

Options

Answers

• Cazza56
    Cazza56 Posts: 43 Level 2
    Options

Why are King not listening to us WE WANT the landscape back. Not everyone plays on their phone a majority play on iPads or computers especially those of us that do not have great eyesight.

• kepeterson
    kepeterson Posts: 210 Level 3
    Options

It’s the weekend again and normally I would be playing a lot of Candy Crush but it is still impossible to play in portrait.

• UncleBobby1
    UncleBobby1 Posts: 160 Level 3
    edited September 2023
    Options

Yah, but they still want your money though. Couldn't find their hairy posteriors with both hands and a pack of Blood Hounds. Must be following an "influencer", and can't think on their own. 251 pages of complaints now and they still don't get.

I HAVE IT!!! SWITCH BACK TO LANDSCAPE AND CALL IT AN IMPROVEMENT.

• DJMKAP
    DJMKAP Posts: 9 Level 2
    edited September 2023
    Options

I went into my game a couple of days ago, very disappointed. The game is too small to play comfortably now. Not everyone plays on a mobile phone. I can't play Candy Crush or Candy Crush Friends because it's just too small. Soda Crush is still regular size, so I am playing that. I have spent money in the past to extend my play time, instead of having just 5 lives. I won't be doing that anymore, in fear that they will do the same thing to Soda Crush. Please put it back the way it was, so all can enjoy the game without eye strain.

• DJMKAP
    edited September 2023
    Options

I logged into my game a couple of days ago, very disappointed. The game is too small to play comfortably, just like Candy Crush Friends. Not everyone plays games on a mobile device. Soda Crush is still normal size, so I will play that instead. In the past I bought extra time so I could have more than five lives, but no more will I buy anything, in fear of the same thing happening to Soda Crush too. King, please put it back to normal size, so all can enjoy without eye strain.

• kepeterson
    kepeterson Posts: 210 Level 3
    Options

I’m not a business or computer person, so I wonder if someone can explain how changing the games orientation to portrait only makes or saves King money? There has been a theory that it is to get rid of people who don’t pay for boosters. However, they get money from advertisers ever time someone watches an ad so you would think they would want as many people playing as possible. I just can’t figure out the motive for the change.

• DJMKAP
    Options

I think most people don't even play on their phone. It's either desktop, laptop or tablet. It is a poor decision by King to do this. the game is too small now, chasing people away of all ages because of eye strain and simply not comfortable to play anymore. I still play Soda and Jelly, which are still regular size, but sure won't spend money, in case they do the same thing to those games too. King is going to lose a lot of players because of this change.

• Sheila_Rising
    Sheila_Rising Posts: 1,548 Level 3
    Options

I too do not like the fact that landscape mode is not available on computers, laptops, tablets etc. That is why I only play on my phone now. But I also have a Galaxy S23 Ultra which is a bigger phone. Nonetheless I feel your frustration.

• UncleBobby1
    UncleBobby1 Posts: 160 Level 3
    Options

Hi Ke, sorry, but I don't buy the theory of it's to get rid of people who don't buy boosters etc. If you saw how much I have spent in the last 3-4 years it would sicken a hog. Haven't spent a penny on this site since August 3, 2023. (Still waiting on a moderator to explain how shrinking the game to 1/3 of the size "improves" the experience). Sudden thought, should I hold my 19" monitor sideways to make it work?

As for advertisers, can't help you, never seen an ad on any King game.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?