Sam’s Streak resetting bug?

Options
DSEdgar
DSEdgar Posts: 9 Level 2

Sometime yesterday morning the three-day golden bead collection challenge known as “Sam’s Streak” reset on me. Has this happened to others? Is this a known bug?

I had started playing the challenge shortly after it began and I passed thirty levels on the first day of the challenge, earning 750 golden beads and top spot on the leaderboard. On the second day of the challenge upon logging into the game I received the same pop-up announcing “Sam’s Streak” as I had the day before, as though I hadn’t already begun playing it. Once I began playing the game and passing levels I realized all my progress toward the challenge was gone and the game was starting me over with a new group of challengers.

Did others experience the same reset? I have never experienced this bug before, in this challenge or any other I can recall. So I’m wondering if it’s known already or a new bug.

Answers

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,186 Community Manager
    Options

Very sorry to hear this happened DSEdgar 😮

Can you please share your Game ID so I can consult with our Player Support team and see if this is a known issue or not?

Thanks 🙂

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 150,462 Candy Moderator
    Options

Hi and welcome to the King Community

Thank you for the reporting , i will pass this feedback to the Game Team meanwhile Please Check app update - Log out game - Restart Device - Open game and Log in.

• Doondie
    Doondie Posts: 1,255 Level 5
    edited January 2023
    Options

Hey, Edgar,

This is a known issue, yes. Known to me anyway. Probably known to others who have also experienced it.

So far the current edition of the event is working OK for me though.

Here are a couple of pointers for you to consider:

• Do not switch accounts;
    • Do not log out of your account for no reason during an event;
    • Do not touch your device's time settings for whatever reason while there's an active special event;
    • Do not delete your device/app's cache for no reason and, most importantly, do not touch "app data";
    • Do not leave your device unattended while the game is open or running at the background to avoid the previous point, i.e. to not lose your unsaved progress and all of your boosters (and lives).

Hope it doesn't reset for you again. Have fun! 🙂

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?