🗺 New Saga Map Makeover - Check it out!

Options

Comments

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options

Hello 🙂

We wanted to address the changes made so that you can understand the rationale behind it.

We have made the decision to change the Saga map based on a lot of thinking, analysis and user testing and feedback. You might not have been asked but we have reached out to players and ask for feedback.

The new map will allow for a lot of game improvements and we have a lot of great ideas that have been limited by the old map and design until now.

The same applies to the removal of Landscape mode. By simplifying the layout of the game to only be in Portrait mode, we can deliver new things a lot faster and introduce more great things in the game. 

We understand that we have a lot of loyal players and after so many years with the same look, you might not be open to changes, but we promise, we are not doing this to upset you, but it is simply time to change and improve the game. 

Thank you for sharing your feedback - we always want to make our players happy. We believe that this change will lead to a sweeter experience 🤩

• Johnny_Crush
    Johnny_Crush Posts: 309 Level 3
    Options
  • Carol-38
    Carol-38 Posts: 10,880 Level 5
    Options
    Sour! I don't like the new saga map... (please tell us why)

Hi @QueenB on 27th January you answered my post saying, the team behind the feature is considering adding a feature that will make it easier to scroll back to lower levels. Are they still just considering it or has a definite decision now been made. I ask as to scroll nearly 1000 (yes one thousand) times to get to a level I want is really painful. Would be nice to know if we are getting it and if so, when. If we aren't getting it, it definitely won't be an improvement or a sweeter experience.

Thank you.

• teenybee
    teenybee Posts: 137 Level 2
    Options

This is both disheartening and infuriating.

Not shooting the messenger, @QueenB , but how can anyone think that removing Landscape mode, thus making it at best difficult and at worst impossible to play on iPads or tablets, is ‘improving the game’?

I doubt you’ll get any new players as a result of this, but you’ll certainly lose many. Does anyone care?

And what is the point of polling players for their opinion if you were going to introduce it no matter what the majority ( 61% and counting) thought? How stupid we were to think anyone gave a toss about how we felt.

’We always want to make our players happy’. Great - don’t change the map then.

Or at least be honest and admit that this change is to suit you, not us.

• Blister
    Blister Posts: 165 Level 3
    Options

So really @QueenB what was the point of asking for feedback. Over 60% said they didn't like it. Very much like level feedback given but not really wanted. Ignored and King just carry on ruining the game. Not that there's much left to ruin.

• _Elsa_
    _Elsa_ Posts: 36,691 Sweet Legend
    Options
    Sweet! I love the new saga map

It's not in my game yet but I definitely love this new map! It needed an update so I'm happy to see that it's a work in progress!

• Hobo123
    Hobo123 Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

I hate it! Not being able to play in landscape is a big deal….so I’ve just stopped playing…

• Terri_1
    Terri_1 Posts: 2,482 Level 4
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Old map or new map, I just love the journey through the Candy Kingdom

I don't know because I don't have it yet but I voted for Old or New

• jpc
    jpc Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options

"based on a lot of thinking, analysis"

Now I know where the problem is.

Have a nice Day.

• Sassy_K
    Sassy_K Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options

Eww, the new map looks horrible, seriously, why change it? It's perfect as it is. The new one looks too claustrophobic and is also too restricted. It just doesn't fit candy crush.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?