💡 Please only post ideas on how we can improve the game Candy Crush Saga!
🔎 Before posting, check our ideas guide HERE
🚨 Looking for help? Head over to our Support and FAQ:s

Make the old map a downloadable resource/ a separate game

Options
adamzki
adamzki Posts: 25 Level 2

I stopped playing candy crush saga for about two years ago due to one, in my opinion, devastating change to the game. It was the removal of the hundreds of unique episodes. They were in my opinion what made the game stand out from other match-3 games. It gave the game a feeling of progress and made it feel much more alive with the unique and charming characters and landscapes. Now it honestly just feels like a soulless and endless loop with no destination and just a huge downgrade. I know the reasons why King has removed the old map, first of it saves time and therefore also money and it some phones might not be able to function properly when loading all the episodes. It seems like all it goes down to is making more short term money. Certainly more people like me who think visuals are important to a game have left the game because of this reason even if this community isnt flooded with requests to take the old map back. I think the reason for that is that a huge part of the candy crush saga players are in a higher age group and therefore arent likely to use the internet and joining a community to express their opinions. Many players have been probably lost because of this cause. My suggestion is that the already made episodes could be added to the game as a downloadable resource/a separate game which wouldn't require more work from King. It would make both King and players happy because they could keep more of their players and we could experience the map as we want to. The episodes could be recycled after you pass the last "normal" made episode which would make it much harder for any player that appreciate the visuals to notice they are in a loop because the loop would consist of hundreds of episodes. The best scenario would off course be that King started making unique episodes again but is unfortunately not realistic. I don't think that the game is going to hold up in the future when it has lost most if its player base that has been there from the start when it isn't offering anything that makes it stand out from other competitors.

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?