Season pass

Options
bean8114
bean8114 Posts: 14 Level 2

So I want to bring this to everyone's attention. The season pass, the purchase option. Last time my purchase price was $4.99. This time it is $6.99. My husband's is $2.99. I will say there is a very small difference in our packages, but not enough that it is worth $4 more. When I contacted customer service, I was told that this pricing is a test. What ??? I asked them if it is a test to see if we are stupid enough to pay $6.99 ? I am so tired of the outrageous prices. I also feel like it is done more to the players higher up in levels. My husband is in the thousands. I'm up to twelve thousands. So his is way cheaper than mine. Is it because I play more and they think they have a better chance of getting more money from me than him ? That doesn't show appreciation towards loyal players. That shows greed. King candy is after the dollars. It shows more and more every time they add something. No one else is getting tired of this ???

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,413 Legend
    Options

Hello @bean8114 what you describe has been complained about many times in the past.

Interestingly the official response used to be that packages didn't change price unless the package has changed

General opinion is that once you buy a package King will increase the price of that package because they think you will continue to buy it.

It is similar to the despicable practice of removing all of your free booster features once you buy anything.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,407 Level 5
    Options

Wow, that is enlightening. My gold pass has been priced at £1.99 every week. Sometimes I buy it at that price as it's worth it for the party popper and indefinite lives. I would never spend $6.99 on it, that is ridiculous. I don't know why the prices differ, but I'm at the end of the rainbow in the late 13,000s, so it isn't that. Maybe they know you buying history, and as I have never spent more than £2.99 on any offer they know how to tempt me into buying. They have increased prices for other offers before, and I just ignored them then. I suspect the more you spend, the more they try to get out of you. It is very unprofessional and unfair.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,407 Level 5
    Options

Wow, that is enlightening. My gold pass has been priced at £1.99 every week. Sometimes I buy it at that price as it's worth it for the party popper and indefinite lives. I would never spend $6.99 on it, that is ridiculous. I don't know why the prices differ, but I'm at the end of the rainbow in the late 13,000s, so it isn't that. Maybe they know your buying history, and as I have never spent more than £2.99 on any offer they know how to tempt me into buying. They have increased prices for other offers before, and I just ignored them then. I suspect the more you spend, the more they try to get out of you. It is very unprofessional and unfair.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?