GRANDMA CHALLENGE 20 April 23

Options
CherylTeoh
CherylTeoh Posts: 307 Level 3

Ooops, have almost forgotten to take my first round Grandma Challenge - haven't been playing, so forgot that Wednesday is the new episodes release day.

Just completed 1st episode 14016- 14030, no more episode race feature in her account, so no need to rush through.

Comments

• Deal_One
    Deal_One Posts: 233 Level 2
    Options

What is this challenge?

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,145 Community Manager
    Options
  • CherylTeoh
    CherylTeoh Posts: 307 Level 3
    edited April 2023
    Options

It's a private challenge from my Grandma, that I posted here before when I declared quitting the game out of frustration from the many repeated Sam's Streak issues.

As background info, I started 2+months ago playing the game to see how long it would take me to reach my grandparents levels. When I told Grandma that I was giving up, I did murmur something like I didn't have pools of boosters and gold bars like her to enjoy the game.

So here's her challenge : I'll play using her account (with her boosters and gold bars) to complete the newly released episodes, usually 3, on the day of release, and see whether it's fun playing the game.

Today is the 1st round, and I've completed the 3 episodes.

While playing the 45 levels, I only grumbled 5 times:

1) 14043 - technical issue, the level wasn't hard, but on completion, the game froze, and I had to re-start, losing the win streak progress.

2) 14058 - had to use gold bars twice to buy moves, the pace for the wheel to spin the choc blocks was bugging me.

3) why no more Episode Race feature.

4) why no free 30min hammers after completing a few episodes (the star sign)

5) handicap of not having more new levels to have fair competition in the Springtime Collection event. Presently Grandma is at top of leaderboard, but the event is to end in 89hrs, sure she'll be well below position 10 by then.

Overall, I have only used a few UFOs and hammers, plus 26 gold bars (for level 14058), some levels were fun.

Will take the challenge again for next Wednesday.

• quekkc
    quekkc Posts: 138 Level 3
    Options

You are probably too far ahead. There is hardly anyone there to challenge you.

I purposely keep my position at a distance to enjoy the Episode Race while still playing 3 episodes every week.

• quekkc
    quekkc Posts: 138 Level 3
    Options

You can always play the past levels to compete in the Springtime Collection. I normally try to double the score ahead of the top opponent.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?