• CherylTeoh
    CherylTeoh Posts: 307 Level 3
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • CherylTeoh
    edited July 2023
    Options

Very true, that's been what I've been doing.

But do be careful, King does seem to respond to comments in this forum. They replaced my daily Candy Royale with a 3 day wait, when I was rather vocal here expressing my love for Candy Royale. After having kept quiet for a while, the daily thrill is back, but it's the 14-level version.

• CherylTeoh
    edited July 2023
    Options

Admirable of you to have shared your positive experience with playing Candy Royale, in response to the heaps of complaints.

I've found that one of the valid grounds of complaint, especially for players not likely to complete all the required levels at 1st try to win a share of the gold bar, is that the pop up slows down their game, and affects their timed boosters. So it isn't nothing to lose by simply clicking play as Candy Royale pops up.

Whilst these players find Candy Royale "annoying" for whatever reasons, at one point I did find their repetitive complaints "annoying" when I came here to check on what fun other players were sharing. I chose the option of not clicking on any Discussion with the topic Candy Royale. But they have the "X" option taken away.

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 213 Level 3
    Options

Hi all, Candy Royale still shows seven games for me, and now that I am forced to play I won the 7games for the first time in a year got 25gold bars also won an episode race for another 25gold bars for the first time in ages. I think I was given a lot of lucky boards, maybe they were trying to make me feel better about playing CR, and don't say I won because I was playing I have played the game intermittently in the past when I was not stuck on levels, I just like to be able to opt out when I want to.

• Rock70schild
    Rock70schild Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited July 2023
    Options

It is bad enough with all the stuff that pops to begin with so Why am I being forced to play Candy Royale? SO ANNOYING!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,873 Level 5
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yes, @AlanP2342 I am positive that players posting here are very different from players as a whole and I really do believe King make money from this competition.

The reason I write this is because I remember the All Stars competition, when I read almost every single post in the forum. It was a real eye opener as to the kind of people being manipulated into spending money and how easy it is for King. You need to remember that there are millions of players all over the world and sadly a lot of them are quite frankly naive and unintelligent and very easily manipulated. These players do not post here in the forum. Some of them eventually posted here near the end of the All Stars tournament and I was horrified by how naive and foolish some of them were. For example I could not believe how people could not understand why they would need a passport to travel to the UK. These were players from the US, as most countries were (luckily for them) excluded from that competition. Some players spent hundreds of dollars thinking they had a chance to win one of the ten places to go to London and win real money. They did not understand that their chances of winning were practically zero, less than if this had been a lottery. They had been driven to think they were one of only a few specially good Candy Crush players left in the competition when there were several million still playing. My point is that a lot of players out there do not understand these competitions and Candy Royale is confusing many, too. Lots of people have posted here asking why they don't get their share when they drop out after two or three levels. Candy Crush is very heavily manipulated, from level 1 onwards, and taking away the opt out button for Candy Royale is part of that. It annoys the few who post in the forum, it makes money from the masses who don't even know the forum exists.

• joy3ce
    joy3ce Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options

For a few weeks I was able to opt out by hitting my "escape" key, but even that stopped working. I dislike this intensely. Please give us the chance to opt out.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,810 Legend
    Options

@AlanP2342 So there seems to be a handful of people here that actually enjoy Candy Royale. Literally just a few people, compared to an overwhelming amount that post about their dislike of the "event". None of them claim to spend any money on trying to win it so why is it being forced onto players?

Personally Alan I think the complaints about Candy Royale are misunderstood. I don't think anyone is complaining about the Event itself and most people are complaining about the animation that slows the game. People were happy when they could close the Royale as this meant they didn't have to deal with the animation. I don't mind Candy Royale because there is a slim chance I might win some gold, but I wouldn't go as far as to say I like it.

As to the forced nature of Candy Royale, well name me one feature that you can opt out of other than the Booster Wheel and Chocolate Box? Season Pass, Daily Treat Machine, Sam's Streak the list goes on. You can not opt out of any of these, so why don't people complain about them? For me Sam's Streak animation is slower than the Royale's so why isn't this generating as many complaints as the Royale?

My opinion is that a lot of the complaints are driven by the 'unfairness' of the Event. Candy Crush has become increasingly difficult over the last two years and winning 7-18 levels on the first attempt is too difficult a task for most people.

The reason you only see a handful of people saying that they like the Candy Royale is just human nature. It is rare that people will post just to say they like something, whilst every man and his dog is quick to complain about something.

At first, I though it was served up as an annoyance to cheap players (like me) that never spend any money, but I've seen posts from paying players that get the unzippable option too.

This is a bit of a head scratcher I agree. I dearly wish I understood King's motive for removing the X. On the face of it I can't see why it matters so much to King if a player plays the Royale or not. I suppose it was unusual that you could opt out as like I said above it is very rare that you can opt out of any feature that King provides. Maybe the X was a mistake that they have now fixed. I have seen nothing to suggest that you receive game features based on whether or not you spend money. Conversely it is widely understood that if you do spend money on the game King will remove all of your features that provide you with free boosters.

After a promise that it would be looked into, they decided to ignore feedback and double down. It's now literally unskippable with no workarounds. As I'm sure most higher level players know, any event you're part of lowers the "luck" algorithm, slowing down your progress. Extremely annoying when it's an event you want nothing to do with in the first place.

They have never promised to look into it. All that was said was that all the feedback would be given to the Game Team. We have all learnt here that once feedback is given to the Game Team then there is no more communication given on the problem. Either the complaint is addressed or it isn't. No further explanation is ever provided.

Again can you name me one feature other than the Booster Wheel and Chocolate Box that gives you the option of opting out?

I've stopped playing and uninstalled, which might even be a big part of why they are doing this. I see a few people posting speculation that "they make money" from Candy Royale. Has anyone here paid to win this event? Are the players here so different from the player base as a whole?

This is were the 'paid' aspect comes into Royale. Like every feature of Candy Crush the ultimate aim by King is the hope that a few players will start to purchase success. So whilst some people, like you, will give up others will start paying to make sure they collect as much gold as they can. If you have never paid whilst playing the game then King will not notice you have left.

No. the players here are no different to the player base as a whole.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,186 Community Manager
    Options

Hey there!

We wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude for your feedback regarding the Candy Royale.

We value your input and understand that everyone has different opinions and preferences.

While we encourage open discussions and constructive criticism, we kindly ask you to remember to keep the conversation sweet and respectful. Our house rules are in place to ensure a positive and inclusive gaming environment for all players.

So, let's continue sharing our thoughts and ideas, but always remember the power of kindness and respect.

Together, we can make this community a welcoming and enjoyable space for everyone.

Thank you 🎮💙

• PeanutsLioness1
    PeanutsLioness1 Posts: 11 Pro Player 👑
    Options

I'm really bothered by having to go through this huge fake contest! You took away the ability to "X" the screen. I never win this and I get tossed every time. It's just plain rude and offensive. Even the verbage is rude. It is useless to the game and it really is just another annoying attempt by King to get us to pay in to be competitive. It's not fun at all. Please make it eXitable again. Or take it down!!!!

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?