Level 425- no boosters

Options
bestXxbudxXlayf
bestXxbudxXlayf Posts: 25 Level 2

King is really on one for this. Clear 150 jelly squares covered by 2 layers of frosting and toffee caramel in less than 18 moves. I don’t see how I’m ever going to pass this level. I’m sick of feeling like I’m finally getting somewhere in this game, only to get stuck on another seemingly impossible level. It really does take the fun out playing, and it’s becoming pretty apparent that the levels and gameplay are designed to force you to buy boosters, extra turns, etc, to pass the impossible levels. I just started playing this game and I’m already getting fed up with it. Any advice or does it just get worse from here?

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,976 Legend
    Options

Hi there. Check out this video. This is one of the hardest levels this early on in the game. The developers have added a few nasty levels to "encourage" players to use up their gold and boosters and spend money, that much is true. But I can tell you that it does not get worse, and if fact some of the levels in the 700s and 800s are fun and much easier than these, so I would recommend you persevere with the game for now, if you enjoy playing that is.

The key to success in the early stages of Candy Crush is to win episode races, which is quite possible at this stage. If you have already lost this episode race, wait for the lucky board that will give you the free pass past this level. Don't waste gold on it as the game will let everyone pass eventually. To win future episode races I recommend playing as many levels in one sitting as you can. They team you up with players who played the levels before you, it is not a real time event, and it is fixed to allow you to win the top prize if you don't take too long over it.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,938 Legend
    Options

@bestXxbudxXlayf Any advice or does it just get worse from here?

It only gets worse. Once you get passed level 2000 the levels become increasingly difficult to complete without having to use gold for extra moves.

As for advice then if you have boosters then use them. Don't fall into the trap of holding on to them 'just in case'

If you are already fed up though then please consider that you will see more and more levels like level 425 the further along the map you travel.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?