Anyone else had a recent problem with Champions (Episode) race

Options
Carol-38
Carol-38 Posts: 10,880 Level 5

I'm on the last episode for mobile players and was going to leave it until tomorrow or Tuesday. After receiving a pop up saying there's an extra 5 gold for winning the Champions Race, but only up until tomorrow morning I thought I've got to give it a go'. Now I'm on (or rather I was on) a really good win streak. Played the first level, no Champions Race appeared. Played another level hoping it would show, but no.

@QueenB is this another problem, or is it deliberate. I have emailed player support and await a response. As I said, I was on a really good win streak and this has peed me off big time. Do you have any answers please.

Thank you.

Comments

• Bob_Coiteux
    Bob_Coiteux Posts: 30 Level 2
    Options

I’ve had the same thing happen. It’s like if you don’t accept it right away you don’t get it later on.

• Carol-38
    Options

I've had many problems in the past with the Episode Race not showing @Bob_Coiteux but of late it's been good for me. But to get a pop up offering 5 extra gold, then not getting the race is really quite annoying and off putting. As I asked is it another glitch or deliberate. Hopefully I'll get an answer at some stage. Won't be today being the weekend.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,982 Legend
    edited May 2023
    Options

I very much doubt @Carol-38 that any of the moderating/management team can answer your question as that would take some technical knowledge of the coding used for the game.

Also based on the lack of response to some of the All Stars questions either our management team don't forward our questions to the Game Team, or the Game Team aren't allowed to share certain information.

I very much doubt that what happened to you was deliberate as even by King's standards removing a feature after being offered a chance of winning extra gold is too devious I would say.

Since level 10,000 (I think) there have been complaints from players at the end of the map about the Episode Race failing to start, so I do wonder if now that you have managed to get back to the end of the map you have just caught up with the problem that causes the Episode Race not to work.

I don't think I have seen many other posts about issues with the extra gold offered, so that might mean it is not a 'glitch' either.

Have you had a response from Support yet?

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options

My apologies Carol for missing your tag!

It does sound like there might have been a delay with the pop up that you got. This can sometimes happen so I will pass this on to the team. Do you still get the pop up and do you happen to have access to Champions Race again?

• Carol-38
    Options

Hi @Alienscar yes, you know I am one who also complained many times in the past re not getting the Episode Race. But for some time now it hasn't been a problem. I've even changed tactics to make sure I have enough time to spend on each Episode to hopefully get the gold and not just a coloured bomb or two. Maybe not deliberate, but to get the extra 5 gold pop-up then not get the race isn't funny, although to be honest not overly unexpected.

Yes I did get a reply from Player Support the same day I emailed them

So I'll see what happens when the new levels are released on Wednesday.

• Carol-38
    Options

Hi @QueenB and there was me thinking you was ignoring me, haha. You will see above the reply from Player Support. No I don't still get the pop up and as I have now finished the mobile levels, I won't know until Wednesday if the Champions Race will appear again. I will let you know either way once I start playing the new levels. Let's hope it's good news.

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 13,660 Community Manager
    Options
  • Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,982 Legend
    Options

Talking of being peed off @Carol-38 your answer from Support is a pee take.

I have never seen so many words used to not answer a question. Did they not even offer you any boosters?

I can't believe they can keep a straight face and say the time someone signs in is beyond their technical reach.

I also wish they were one time glitches, but unfortunately most 'glitches' seem to be caused by King.

Why are they going on about your Daily Win? Did something happen to that as well as your Win Streak.

• Carol-38
    Options

They didn't offer me anything @Alienscar a few gold bars would have been nice being as that was my main aim. I wasn't surprised at all with the response, they don't have the answers for this kind of problem but have to put something. I knew when I emailed nothing would be done, but I wanted it passed on to the team that deals with the Episode/Champions Race.

As for Daily Win, I don't bother with that anymore the rewards are, for me, useless, same as the Chocolate Box, apart from the gold bars. So I don't play every day, as I said changed tactics to try and get the Race and gold. No I didn't mention it so don't know why it was included in the reply.

I just took the reply as, 'nothing will be done', but as I said that's the response I was expecting anyway. Won't be losing any sleep over it, just wait and see what happens when the new levels come out and I play.

• MonroeH
    MonroeH Posts: 152 Level 3
    Options

I had my Episode Race disappear on my tablet weeks ago, and I've emailed customer support several times. All I ever get back is a canned response to "head over to the community" or the "King Help Center". And their generic "sometimes features are removed from the game" response. Then like some of the other posts mentioned, I got the notice about 5 extra Gold Bars from the Episode race! Well, if this feature was "removed", then why on earth did I get that notice? This is really bad. Almost out of Gold Bars and no way to get more. I'm in the 13,000 levels and you cannot pass most of those levels without shelling out for extra moves.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?