Who is this person?

Rose_Mary_Torres
Rose_Mary_Torres Posts: 8 Level 2

Ok, so there's a "person" NOT on my list of "friends" who keeps winning every.single.challenge way ahead of everyone else. I suspect a bot? but Candy Crush says there are no bots in their games.

Since he doesn't appear on my "friends list", how do I delete him? Has anyone encountered this before?

About to give up this game, there's no challenge knowing there's no way for me to win any of the challenges! (I'm in level 11325, definitely not a new player LOL)

Comments

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 16,068 Legend

@Rose_Mary_Torres Has anyone encountered this before?

Yes Rose a lot of people have complained about having to play against people who aren't in their friends list.

Unfortunately there is no way for you to remove a player that isn't on your friends list

I suspect King is up to something because for the first time that I can remember I have a player not in my friends list in the Weekly Contest. As you say this unknown player is quite a few levels ahead of me and everyone else in the contest

Due to the huge number of people that play Candy Crush I fully expect to see people who aren't in my friends list when an Event (such as All Stars) is going on, but I see no reason for them to appear in my 'local' features.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,551 Legend

Hi there. Which challenges does this person win? Generally when King put in "random" players to compete with you then these are different people for the different competitions. I have never come across the same person twice in different events. Is this just the weekly challenge? The weekly challenge has had a bug in the past which may have returned and is subject to manipulation by King, so I always ignore this event. Candy Crush is essentially a single player game, and the competitions and challenges are somewhat illusionary. King have millions of players to choose from when they pair players in groups and use an algorithm for this, which can group you with impossible to catch players (probably a real, sad person, not a bot). If you enjoy competing against others then Candy Crush really isn't the game for you. It is a beat the algorithm game. I understand that you have been playing for a long time, but the game has changed in recent years. It is not the game it used to be.

• danceforjoy7
    danceforjoy7 Posts: 294 Level 3

I hate it this person is 7000 levels ahead of me not in my friends list cannot win weekly challenges st all I just stop play and DO NOT BUY ANY GOLD. Seriously going to delete the game

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?