Gold Bars for extra moves

Options
MonicaYellow
MonicaYellow Posts: 693 Level 3

How many extra moves can 10 gold bars get?

My own experience in using gold bars to get extra moves has been:

10 gold bars for 1st 5 extra moves

+16 gold bars for the next 5 extra moves

+39 gold bars for the 3rd installment of 5 extra moves

+39 gold bars for the 4th 5 extra moves.

That's as far as I've gone for my ow account (currently at level 14661)

So it cost me 104 gold bars for 20 extra moves.

But I've read from other players in this forum mention that by failing the same level repeatedly until you get the offer for an extra 125 moves.

Since there's not much happening in the game, for me anyway, no Road Trip Collection, nor Beach Quests, I have decided to check using one of our family's inactive account (got stuck at level 14239, with 1 gold bar and very few boosters left).

After 1 failed attempt, I got an offer of 10 gold bars for 20 extra moves.

Better offers followed every new failed attempt : +5 extra moves on top of the previous offer. I'm taking a break at the offer of 10 gold bars for 135 extra moves, after altogether 23 repeated failed attempts

See, King does want us to pass levels, even those legendary levels, offering 135 extra moves for as little as 10 gold bars!!. Additional offer is given too for a "irresistible" Tasty Testers bundle:

Thanks, but no thanks, I'm not spending money, definitely not on this account. It started off building healthy stock of boosters and gold bars (still having 5000+ @ 3 months ago). Overuse of powerful boosters, UFOs and Party Poppers (purchased using gold bars), bankrupted the account. It's poor management of resources, but my guess is that he wanted to quit the family game.

For him, it's time to say good-bye, with some fond memories, I hope.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,404 Level 5
    Options

Thanks for sharing that one, Monica. It's not surprising that King made these ridiculous offers. They want to woo players back into the game. I remember when they offered us 35 maximum extra moves and I found even that insulting and annoying, when I knew I only needed that one extra move. Then it was 65 and now 125. What difference does this even make, on a level that starts with 20 moves? Psychological ? It comes across like a nagging toddler to me, what King are doing here: Please pay, Mummy..... Please, please, please pay....... But I want you to pay!!!.... Wahhhh😭😭😭!!! It's pay and move on or don't pay and remain stuck on your level. I just don't have the patience to wait for the free pass that you eventually get.

My advice to anyone would be to NEVER pay for that second lot of extra moves. The trick is to know when to sacrifice your win streak. Some levels are just there to block those, and if you can't see on the board that you will definitely pass in the next five moves, then you might as well wait until they offer you 60 or 100. And of course, you must always have at least those 10 gold bars in stock, or else it's time to quit.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,412 Legend
    Options

@MonicaYellow See, King does want us to pass levels, even those legendary levels, offering 135 extra moves for as little as 10 gold bars!!.

No, King don't want you pass levels they want you to buy gold to purchase the extra moves. Why else would they offer you 135 moves for ten gold when you only have one gold bar.

• MonicaYellow
    Options

Sorry, I failed in my sarcasm practice.

King wants players to buy gold bars/boosters/lives/moves to pass levels.

The missing words are inserted back.

• MonicaYellow
    Options

In total agreement. The latest offer from the nagging toddler is 10 gold bars for 165 extra moves.

But mommy still says no.

• Scooterpie
    Scooterpie Posts: 5,881 Level 5
    Options

Got to weigh it out...is it better to proceed or stop...

I usually will only give it one go and I have to be pretty sure I will pass. At this point if I fail and I see that I can definitely finish it for sure with a 2nd try with gold will probably go for it. If I know it is impossible I will not use gold. If it is an extremely bad level: how much have I wasted already, how much will I waste if I try again, do I want to start over, will I lose my Win Streak? Circumstances make my decision for me.

I have never gotten any of those fantastic offers. Not so far... I'm a hoarder!

• christinewupp
    Options

It's got a name: Sunk cost fallacy. That is essentially what you are describing @Scooterpie How much have I invested? Is it worth buying another set of five moves, JUST because I have already spent gold and boosters on this level...? No, what you have already invested, all those boosters and gold, are irrelevant. You need to always look just at where you are right now and consider if from this point on it is worth paying for more moves. It rarely is, in my opinion, once you failed with the first lot costing 10 gold, though it is so tempting if you are on a win streak...... But you are much better off waiting until the game offers you 60 or 100 extra moves, and then pay another 10 when you know you are sure to pass. King count on players falling for the sunk cost fallacy. That's why the second and third lot of extra moves get more and more expensive. They know the business tricks!

• TitanCrusher
    TitanCrusher Posts: 365 Level 3
    Options

The main point to be taken from this is that if a player has an old established account with over 12k levels passed…no gold and little to no boosters.

Then that’s officially a dead account unless the player is willing and able to spend money to play. managing the gold/booster inventory goes hand in hand with managing your playing time.

A player should have approximately the same amount of gold bars as levels passed…that’s my opinion.

• MonicaYellow
    Options

Good advice, my friend, yes for good management of gold bar/booster inventory. As in life, don't get carried off on the spur of the moment, and over-spend.

As for "A player should have approximately the same amount of gold bars as levels passed", theoretically it's possible from playing 1 episode (15 levels) a day, collecting 45 gold bars ( and there's Candy Royale), provided you spend less than 30 gold bars to replenish your booster stock to get through these 15 levels. Looking at Cheryl's account, it's a struggle.

And for those of us who have enjoyed the good old days at CCS, and have been able to stock up on boosters and gold bars, and tend to use gold bars occasionally for extra moves only, perhaps this guideline can be relaxed a bit, especially since Episode Race and Candy Royale are no longer available.

• MonicaYellow
    Options

I'm ending my experiment over gold bars for extra moves at 240 moves : it seems "infinity" is the answer.

• christinewupp
    Options

Wow! I don't think any of us have ever seen this many moves offered. It must be a record! My normal account stops at 125.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?