Level 555

mjnz
mjnz Posts: 1 Newbie

Level 555 is ridiculously impossible. Has anyone passed this without paying for gold?

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,598 Legend

Hi there and welcome to the community. Your question interests me because I played this level just yesterday and passed it first time with just using starting boosters and my win streak. The two colour bombs from these fell next to each other on my starting board so I could clear the entire board with my first move. Luck? Yes, but not entirely. It's part of the algorithm, which gave me the lucky board after having held me up so badly on a previous level. That is how the game works. A level that looks identical plays very differently for different people. This is a screenshot of level 555 on my device.

There are lot of blockers and striped candy dispensers. I start here with an opportunity to create a striped myself with the greens and another with the purples. Look out for opportunities like this and for matching wrapped with striped candies. Eventually you will get a board with lots of such opportunities, we call it a "lucky board" but essentially it is when the game lets you pass. The trick is to recognise such a lucky board and take advantage of the opportunities you have. The video shows this.

Now that is a lucky board! Look at all those colour bombs coming out of nowhere. Sadly King are at the moment trying everyone's patience by not giving these out at all. Don't ever spend any money on this game, that is my best advice. If they don't let you pass a level like this one it's how they have fixed it. If the game isn't fun then stop playing for a while. They will make the algorithms easier again.

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 985 Level 3

@christinewupp Hi. I was interested in your comments about lucky boards. May I ask why you think they don't do lucky boards anymore?

• christinewupp

Hi @cookiemae I don't know the answer to this question. In fact they do still do them, but not as soon (you have to replay a level again and again for longer) or as regularly (there is no guarantee on the upper levels there ever will be one, like there used to be). There is no real pattern here that I can work out and it changes with the weekly upgrades. I certainly always get the impression that at times when they run a competition like the Summer Cup they make the game harder all around and that at these times I see fewer lucky boards in my game. At the moment it seems sheer impossible to progress in the game without using starting boosters. But this may change next week, who knows.

At times before major competitions, for example while they were advertising ahead for the Barbie event, I saw so many lucky boards in my game at the early levels it was spooky how easy the game was. Still trying to work it out and find a pattern though....

• cookiemae
    cookiemae Posts: 985 Level 3

@christinewupp Hi. I'm pretty sure there has never been a drop in lucky boards for some people even at the 14,000 and above. They seem to drop for me at the same rate even during special events. It seems we all play the same game but there are definitely a lot of differences from person to person. Guess we'll never know why.

• christinewupp

Wow, @cookiemae that explains why you are still enjoying the game while the rest of us are just so frustrated. You are right, we will never know why. They won't tell us and I'll quit before I manage to work it out. As I have three games I do see that you may well be right in your theory. I have a nice game going at level 1071, which I'm really enjoying and am getting lots of lucky boards. The other game I started especially for the Summer Cup is horrible. I am at level 681 now and I hate it, can't pass any hard level until they offer me 65 or 100 extra moves. I guess that is why I thought maybe it's to do with the event, but it's probably just the luck of the draw.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?