Level 8725

Options
Nunya
Nunya Posts: 8 Level 2

This level is ridiculous. I've been on it for 2 weeks. I refuse to buy boosters, but usually you get a lucky board after a week or so. So frustrating!

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 7,082 Legend
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @Nunya and thanks for posting this. This level is such a fabulous example of how the legendary levels are being manipulated. Here's the starting board for anyone reading this:

So as you can see there is a frog, which will need to in sequence hit those toffee swirls on the left, and a colour bomb dispenser which will need to drop bombs the same colour as the frog five times in order to move it along all those toffee swirls. Then there is also a liquorice order. You really couldn't get a board more suited to manipulation by the design team and more pre determined in its outcome! It's a great one to study.

So, to answer your question about lucky boards, since the introduction of the "legendary" level title these are no longer a given in Candy Crush Saga. You will have to play the game as it now is. I played this level 25 times just now before I gave up trying. So there just MIGHT still be a free pass somewhere along the line, but I have read from many players who are stuck on a legendary level for weeks, so I doubt it.

I did get some boards that definitely looked like lucky boards, notably when my lives were down to 1 or 2 left. But these always left me close. Close enough perhaps to win the level with one or two boosters, strategically placed near the end. Here is one such board.

Nearly there, but it just won't be quite enough. I even had two colour bombs side by side here, which is why there is a screw missing from the magic mixers. So close.... The reduced moves make it near impossible now to get the frog order unless the sequence of colour bomb hitting the right colour and frog movement is JUST right.

So @Nunya you will need to adjust your playing strategy to the "New Candy Crush" or you could quit in frustration like so many players before you, because this is what the game now is. Maybe if too many players leave instead of paying money they'll change it back one day to being a fun game, but that might take months.

The key to passing legendary levels is to pay 10 gold for extra moves at the point when you can see that one payment will definitely get you there. Alternatively a carefully place UFO or perhaps a switch or lollipop hammer played at the right time (when they give you a "nearly lucky" board) might do it. Don't waste starting boosters on levels like this one because they won't help (I tried colour bombs, made no difference at all)

Yes and thanks again for posting this. I never play at this level range and I was wondering at what point they start making the game "pay to play". This might be the point.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?