Is this normal?

Options
gracie51
gracie51 Posts: 14 Level 2

I'm a newbie, only been playing the game for a couple weeks and still fumbling through losing more levels than I win. I'm only on level 163 and the game started out being fun and exciting but I feel like I'm playing alone. It's not fun anymore, I might as well go back to playing my solitaire for seniors. Is this normal? To have no competition for a weekly contest? I had my friend download Candy Crush Friends and I'm having more fun with it because I ate least have "friends" and feel like it is more than myself playing the game. I made several attempts to ask "friends" on candy crush saga for lives and the response was, "Oops, it seems you have no friends..." That was sad to learn πŸ˜ͺ

Thank you in advance for any help and/or insight you can shed on the above. Maybe it's just that I'm at the lowest level than anyone else? I just needed something to occupy myself with after just coming home from the hospital from spinal surgery and doctor's orders was "resting."

All of you seem so wonderful. I wish you were my friends on Candy Crush Saga!

Comments

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 217 Level 3
    Options

Hello @gracie51 there are way to get friends on CC, there are some sites here on the forum that could help. I wish I could help you but I am not too good with computers, maybe others will read your post and might be able to help you. Good Luck with your recovery and hope you are better soon.πŸ˜€Happy Crushing in the meantime and just enjoy being first and getting the boosters while you can saves buying them and as they game goes along it gets harder and hopefully you will have the boosters to help you out. Except the timed boosters such a same you can not save them.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,970 Legend
    Options

Hi there and welcome to the game and to the community!

I think maybe this game isn't actually the right game for you. Candy Crush is a solitary game and all the competitions are essentially fake as well, you certainly have no way to find out who those players that appear in your game are or if they even still are playing the game at all. There is no in game chat feature and it is very difficult to establish a friends base early on in the game. You cannot chat to the "friends" you do have and have no way of ever finding out where in the world they live. This game is just too big with millions of players and millions of players dropping out and joining all the time. Also, since King have controlled every aspect of the game more and more tightly in recent months and years, it's essentially a "beat the algorithm" type game, so you are playing against the game rather than other players. Levels 225 to 255 can be very frustrating and you might soon find this game not really what the doctor ordered for you recovery.

I don't know if you like word games, there is great interactive word game called "Two Birds" in which you genuinely play in a league against others and there is a chat feature as well. It's a European game though, so I'm not sure even if your App Store has this. It's great for interactive competition and my 89 year old mother plays it a lot to pass the time, it's relaxing and not too brainy, if you know what I mean.

I wish you a speedy recovery. Hang around the community and check out some of our posts for more tips on playing Candy Crush! You could also try out this thread below, it's about how to add friends from this community to your game.

• nekocat
    nekocat Posts: 15,579 Level 5
    Options

Dear @gracie51 welcome in CCS community! πŸ™‚

Have you tried to add friends via your game profile? In order to do so, you have to click on your profile then 'friends' and, at the bottom of the pop up screen, "add more friends". A list of players at levels equivalent to yours should appear, and you can click on as many as you wish. If you wish to add more than what is offered then, you will have to exit your game and re-enter and redo the manip. What's interesting to add friends this way is that you will then compete with players with the same progress. I hope this will help! πŸ™‚

• gracie51
    gracie51 Posts: 14 Level 2
    Options

Thank you so much everyone! You have overwhelmed me with your helpfulness and tips, and especially your friendship. @christinewupp , I was able to download Two birds and will certainly give it a try. I will also try as best I can to follow the wonderful tips for adding friends. Also, heartfelt gratitude for all your well wishes πŸ₯°

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?