Thank You Candy Crush Saga!

Options
gracie51
gracie51 Posts: 14 Level 2
edited October 2023 in Discussions

Oh wow! I was so happy today when I was struggling time after time to reach level 300. Just a few levels away, a popup came up about a video to watch for a booster; so, of course, I did watch the video! Today I was not only introduced to the videos to achieve my first ever episode race, but in my events I had something called "sweet cinema" which just all around made my day with my new found, now not stressing, game app! Thank you for the video help and for sweet cinema.

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,970 Legend
    edited October 2023
    Options

@gracie51 . That is actually some very good info you passed on here since a few players have wondered recently that IF they get adverts at which stage in the game they start to appear. A lot of players never get adverts in their games. Please be careful to NEVER spend a penny or dime on any in game purchase because it is well established that sweet cinema and all free perks for watching adverts will disappear from a player's game if they do.

And if you are stuck on any level or have any questions, come to the community for help. Check out some of the posts here.

Happy Crushing!

• kiara_wael
    kiara_wael Posts: 150,922 Candy Moderator
    Options
  • QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,266 Community Manager
    Options

Thank you for for your kind words @gracie51 😃 It brings us immense joy to hear about your excitement and happiness as you progress through the game.

We understand that reaching level 300 can be quite challenging, and we're thrilled to hear that our new features, like the video boosters and "Sweet Cinema," have made your gaming experience even more enjoyable. We are constantly working to enhance the game and create new opportunities for our players to have fun and succeed.

We hope you continue to have a fantastic time in the Candy Crush Saga world, filled with exciting challenges and delightful surprises.

If you ever have any suggestions, feedback, or simply want to share your achievements, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you once again for being a part of our community, and happy crushing 🤗

• gracie51
    Options

Oh,no, thank you #QueenB! Today I made it the Champion Race! Still trying to crush it, and feeling very hopeful. I'm now on level 336, and although I feel I'm definitely enjoying the game while recuperating from spinal surgery, I still feel I am very much a newbie when I read all the posts of those who are in the thousand's of levels! I love the challenges, and I love going into each level with the newfound attitude "I can crush this!"

Early on, in the first 15 levels, I received a "striped" looking booster. It is still sitting unused because I'm not sure how to use it or what it does. I apologize in advance for sounding so ignorant. Sometimes I can figure out how to use the new boosters received; other times I just search around here to try to figure it out.

This is an amazing community! I don't know if I spend more time here or playing Candy Crush Saga. I love it all.

Thank you for letting me join.

• christinewupp
    Options

I like the striped boosters and use them quite a lot! You only ever get one for free in Candy Crush, but if you continue to win all the Champions races you'll soon have lots of gold and could buy some stripes. I'll show you an example of a level where I might play it.

So on this level I have only few moves and they have given me some colour bombs, but they aren't much use by themselves. A colour bomb/striped combo would help more. I could either place a purple striped candy at the bottom next to the colour bomb on the left, or next to the one at the top here. I chose the green, here it is:

I swipe them together and all the greens will turn into stripes. Please note that I played the booster for illustration purposes only! In real life I would wait until I can see that this would definitely help me pass the level. In fact it didn't. I had to use two more boosters to pass it. It's always best to only use those boosters on the bottom row near the end of a level because the game is designed in such a way that it often doesn't become clear if you have any chance of passing it at all until the last few moves.

If you place a striped candy to clear a single row you need to be quite careful to place it with a swiping action that will point it in the direction you want it to go. Not easy on a very small phone screen.

• christinewupp
    Options

I've found a better example of where a striped candy has just helped me pass a legendary level. I didn't pay attention to the dragon here, had cleared all the jelly and found myself one move off with no chance to pass without boosters:

There are three purples to match and if the middle one was a striped candy going up then the dragon would be saved. So this is what I do:

The legendary levels will often leave the most experienced players just one boosters short. That is what those bottom row boosters are best used for.

• gracie51
    Options

#christinewupp wow! Thank you so much for for the thorough explanation and illustration of the striped bomb 🥰. Amazing! I will hold onto mine until I really need it. I appreciate your time in explaining.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?