Nothing has changed in the past year or so

Options
7om
7om Posts: 30 Level 2
edited January 3 in Discussions

The last time I played Candy Crush was almost a year ago. I was so disgusted with the way CC was being deceitful and their tactics at money-grubbing that I stopped playing. I thought that maybe after some time away things might change. Nope. Nightmarishly Hard levels are still deliberately labeled as Normal levels. Many of the Hard and Nightmarishly Hard levels are rigged so that one can only pass them by spending money for bonuses and power-ups and even then, the game algorithm rigs the level for failure.

Maybe another year away will see things change?

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,055 Level 5
    Options
  • nekocat
    nekocat Posts: 12,656 Level 5
    Options

Considering that King has again been acquired by another group, Microsoft this time, thus making profit generation from the games the ultimate goal for the buyer, I am not sure that it will get better in the coming months/years. 😏

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 844 Level 3
    edited January 4
    Options
  • christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,055 Level 5
    Options

I'd like to add to this discussion that in fact EVERYTHING has changed in Candy Crush in the past year or so!

This is what has changed:

Every player now gets the same levels. This is different from how it used to be a few months ago, when I got different games on different devices, one game got lucky boards where the other didin't for the same level. I now find that if I scoll back to a previously played level on one device then it plays the same algorithm as it does for players that just arrive at the level and for whom it is a new level. I don't mean exactly the same board, but the same chance of winning or losing the level. This is significant! It has just helped me save a lot of boosters playing in the Winter Cup on one device. I check out the levels on my other device in another game, know if I will get a lucky board on my second try, or if I can win a legendary level with just a single lollipop hammer and so keep my win streak. And I can save on starting boosters.

King now control the game using events. This is a huge change from how it used to be. Every player gets different events, different versions of events and that is how King now create bespoke gameplay for each individual, rather than through the levels themselves. There are different versions of the win streak, and Candy Royale features in the games of players who don't want it and is absent from players who would win it all the time. These are just two of many examples.

I'm not saying that any of these changes are good or bad. But the game has significantly changed, and the key to enjoying it is to go along with them and change one's playing strategy according to what kind of game you've been given.

Any thoughts on this @Pyrolight ?

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?