We're aware of an issue with Facebook purchases for all King Games and our team is on it. 🛠️ Hang tight while we fix things! You can still enjoy the game, and we'll keep you posted once it's solved.

Champions Race Frustration

Michael917
Michael917 Posts: 10 Level 2
edited February 12 in Discussions

Before King cranked up the difficulty level to insane levels, I used to win the Champions Races very consistently. Now I notice a very distinct pattern that seems like more than a coincidence.

Lately, I seem to win the first three races, with the prizes of 25, 30 and 35 gold bars. I usually waffle back and forth with the other players, but generally pull ahead at the end.

Then comes the fourth race and I always lose. Every single time. And the sequence of events is always the same. For the first 7-8 levels, I am out in front or very close to it. Then I log in to play again, and another player is suddenly a solid 5 levels ahead of me. Next time I log in after that, the other player has won the race and I'm back to square one.

This has been going on for months. I have to believe it's by design, just another part of King's attempt at sucking every last drop of fun out of this game.

Anybody else experience this?

Comments

• Pyroyeti
    Pyroyeti Posts: 902 Level 3

Depends on how long you are logged out. You have about a day to win a race.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,386 Legend

I always play each episode in a single day. This event is on a timer, it's nothing to do with any other players, they are picked by King from recordings and King pick them to give us about 24 hours to win a race. It may well be possible that they give you longer on the episode races and once you get to the champions race the time you have is reduced. I have never failed to win when I play the whole episode in a single day.

• Michael917
    Michael917 Posts: 10 Level 2

I don't have enough time, extra lives or boosters to play 15 levels in a single day. When the levels were easier I could do it easily, but no more.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 8,386 Legend

I do understand. This method isn't easy and it isn't for everyone. You do need to hoard some gold and boosters to follow this strategy.

I was once in the same position that you now find yourself in. In fact in the end I gave up on my original game and started a new login, and was able to keep hold of enough gold second time round.

There are no easy answers. It's a crooked game. King control it to make money, so it's a kind of arms race between the players who want to play for free and King who want players to spend money. Some of their methods are quite dodgey, but then some players know a few dodgey ways to get around the game algorithms as well......

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,996 Legend
    edited February 13

Anybody else experience this?

Yes @Michael917 I have experienced exactly the same thing as you.

I went through a phase of never winning the fourth race, but now I haven't lost one in three weeks.

You don't have to complete an Episode in a day to win the Race. I have won races over three days and the one I won today took me two days. The thing to note is that a day of playing for me is one to two hours.  

I have to believe it's by design, 

It is definitely by design and the aim of that design is to get you to spend gold. Like you I struggled to win the fourth race, but always managed to win the first three without much issue. One day I was lucky enough to win a Party Booster (Season Mastery I think) and this coincided with a Sam's Streak win and the rewards from the sixth daily win. All of that was enough to see me not get stuck and that was all it took to get me the fourth win. The point of that is clear though that without those additional rewards I don't think I would have made it, so spend any gold and boosters you have wisely.

• T0rr1e
    T0rr1e Posts: 237 Level 3

I use to find this as well but I try to play like @christinewupp said and lately I have been winning a few episode races.

As you can see, this is my biggest win streak ever and I have been playing for 5 years now.😀

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?