📩 Email notifications Customise your experience in the forum! HERE

Stuck on level 230

Options
2»

Comments

• Pearlmax
    Pearlmax Posts: 33 Level 2
    Options

This level is completely impossible to be successful. If you passed on your 5th attempt, then you had special help.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,192 Level 5
    edited March 12
    Options

Dear @Pearlmax my post was from several weeks ago. King tweak the levels every week, so the fact that I passed this on my fifth attempt in February has no relevance to the level you see before you now, I am afraid. Are you still stuck now or has the game let you pass since you posted here? Out of interest, as I just read a post from the community manager stating that there are two versions of many levels out now, with different numbers of moves (!) I'd be interested to know if your level 230 looks like this:

• Pearlmax
    Options

Yes, your picture is the level I see. You are correct, after I posted my first message, a couple of days later the game magically allowed me to pass the level with relative ease. I probably played the level about 60 times prior to finally moving forward. However, I was not able to get very far before being stopped at level 235, which I have now played at least 50 times.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,192 Level 5
    Options

Thank you very much for that information @Pearlmax ! It is invaluable as so often others post here about being stuck on a level and after I go back, check it out and post my advice I never hear from them again. I have often wondered if the very act of posting here actually helped them pass, but it might be a coincidence.

Also I have just tried to pass level 235 and like you I have failed. King change the algorithms every week, so maybe they will make this one easier next week if too many players quit playing because it is too hard. This entire episode is all rigged to make players spend all their boosters at this point so that they will become paying customers sooner rather than later. ( I have played one game to level 15,200, and two games to level 6000, so I know this game and King's tricks well!). You are currently in the worst "early" episode which is simply designed to extract all boosters and gold from players. If you do get through this one I always find that from level 261 the levels become better. From the next episode onwards, if you strive to play each entire episode within about 24 hours (ignore the other players, they are a fake decoy put in by the game) you will win the gold in the episode races, and having some gold in the bank is really important for anyone who wants to enjoy Candy Crush. You need gold to get past these horrible legendary levels that they have made impossible to pass unless to pay for extra moves.

• Pearlmax
    Options

Thank you for those candid details and confirming my suspicions about the game. I do not remember the game being this terrible, in terms of trying to force users for money. I am assuming the advertising revenue stream is running dry and the greedy owners are now trying to force more money out of the game users. I can only hope that the game users stop spending money in order to send a powerful message to the owners.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?