Abrupt ending of game

Options
meaz1964
meaz1964 Posts: 3 Newbie

Log into play, level comes up, make a move, freezes and screen goes blank. Reboots to phone home screen. After 30 times over and over, I quit for the day.

Comments

• QueenB
    QueenB Posts: 14,358 Community Manager
    Options

Hello @meaz1964 and welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with the game suddenly freezing and crashing. It sounds incredibly frustrating, but don't worry, let's see if we can tackle this issue together and get you back to enjoying your Candy Crush Saga adventures.

Here are a few steps you can try to fix this problem:

1. Update the Game:

Ensure your Candy Crush Saga app is updated to the latest version. Sometimes, bugs that cause these issues are fixed in new updates.

2. Check Device Compatibility: Make sure your device meets the game's system requirements. An incompatible device might struggle to run the game smoothly.

3. Clear Cache: Sometimes, the game's cache can get cluttered, leading to performance issues. Clearing the cache can help (don't worry, this won't delete your game progress).

- On Android: Go to Settings > Apps > Candy Crush Saga > Storage > Clear Cache.

- On iOS: You might need to uninstall and reinstall the game since iOS doesn't offer a direct way to clear app cache.

4. Restart Your Device: A simple restart can often resolve many issues by refreshing the system's resources.

5. Reinstall the Game: If none of the above steps work, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling the game. This can often fix underlying issues but ensure your game progress is backed up through Facebook or your King account first.

If you've tried all these steps and are still facing issues, it might be helpful to reach out to the official support team.

Hope you're back to smashing those candies in no time!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 15,088 Legend
    Options

@QueenB I can assure you that this problem has nothing to do with app version or cached data. The same issue is happening to me and a lot of other people as well.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?