Gold Box Timer Android/Facebook

Options
Colleen12
Colleen12 Posts: 694 Level 4
edited March 15 in Discussions

The following is a issue that I sent to King with the response that I received. Anyone who cares to comments I will be including your response to King. The timer for the Gold Box has only changed for me in the last three days on my Android. I always had two days to complete the box until I noticed yesterday that I had 24 hours with 3 hours remaining this morning, yet I still had 2 Days when I played on my Facebook account today.

I am also noticing that the tasks for the Gold Box varies from my Android to Facebook yet if I change the task on my Android it is also considered a change to playing Candy Crush on Facebook and sometimes the rewards are easier when I play on Facebook vice my Android.

So this morning I did complete the Gold Box within the required 3 hours and immediately started another one. For my first task I can complete 3 Nightmarishly Hard Levels I select the change button and the next option is to pass 10 levels. I select to change the task twice and it gives me the option of completing the Nightmarishly Hard Levels again which suggests to me that I only have two options. When I select the change for the 3rd time miraculously I get the option to collect 30 fish which should have been my 2nd change instead of offering the Nightmarishly Hard Levels again and my timer is at two days not 24 hours.

The box event is full of errors which I have continuously posted here in King Community page so my guess is these changes noted on the device which you play on will only add to these ongoing issues.

Thanks

Candy Crush Detective in the Making 😊

MESSAGE TO KING

Please see the two attached pictures which are self explanatory with regards to the time remaining in my Gold Box 3 hours on my Android and 2 Days when playing through Facebook.

I am also pretty sure that when I accepted the last task to complete the Gold Box last night it was to complete 11 new levels and overnight it appears to have increased to 14 new levels.

So how much time do I have left to complete this Gold box 3 hours or 2 days. 

Such inconsistencies in this game make a huge difference to player enjoyment and King really should do fix this Box Event once and for all to make it fair for everyone.

RESPONSE FROM KING

I'm sorry to hear that you see two different timers on pc and android in the Chocolate Box, no worries, I'm here to explain.

The events are strictly related to the devices in which you play them and not on your account so it's normal to see a different timer. Also if you complete the event on the Android you will receive the items on the android device only and vice versa if you complete it on your PC as the events and the boosters do not synchronize between devices.

My advice is to play the events only on one device to avoid similar situation but, to answer your question, this is not an issue but how the game works.

Comments

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 532 Level 3
    Options

@Colleen12 🤔 I so understand your issue. When I get to the Silver/Gold Boxes, and go to change, more times than not, it gives me the previous selection. Irritating for sure and I wind up with something most impossible! I.E. Party Poppers. Then I have to wait for the time to expire. For me, it's 2 days.

My Gold Box lately has been Striped, Hammer, and 10 Gold. Good luck to me!

Maybe, if it's not too much trouble, could you go to the tagging thread and sign up so your name shows up in green... showing you've been tagged. Thanks! Much more possible that you see responses.

Have a good day!

• Pyrolight
    Pyrolight Posts: 837 Level 3
    Options

The fact facebook and android are so different is interesting as far as I knew they were unifying them and would just have the standard randomness.

As for the options. There are a number of possibilities for each chocolate and are either ranked or totally random.

They might also be grouped. I will use the last chocolate as an example.

Group 1 (Party popper, ufo) Group 2 (pass nightmarish levels, pass levels first try, pass x levels)

In the case of the last chocolate it always seems you will get a min of 1 option from group and a min of 2 options from group 1, with one option being either group. Basically it is a huge risk to re-roll the last chocolate.

As for the number of levels, I think they settled on 14. They were playing around with a few different amounts previously. They might have finally updated the version you had.

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,006 Level 5
    Options

I have three different versions of the chocolate box on my three accounts, King clearly have several versions they are testing out.

The response you got from King is very interesting. It is some time since I played the same account on two devices and I do think King don't like us doing it, which is why they advised you against it. Some events obviously are indeed device specific and that would explain why you have a different chocolate box on Android and Facebook. It might mean that if you complete both boxes, each within the time period stated, you will get all the rewards. The boosters will always only appear on the device you use to "claim" them, but as the gold bars will be added to you account, you probably might get them both from your Android and your facebook gold box, so good luck!.

• Colleen12
    Options

@Rhonda_L

I think I have done what you suggested in your comments unless I am missing something here

Thanks

Maybe, if it's not too much trouble, could you go to the tagging thread and sign up so your name shows up in green... showing you've been tagged. Thanks! Much more possible that you see responses.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,894 Legend
    Options

Hi @Colleen12 I am not too sure about all of this but I don't think there is anything wrong with your Chocolate Box other than it has got mixed up in recent changes

A Facebook account and a King.com account are separate I think. So whilst you can play your Facebook account on loads of different devices and it will synchronise that isn't the same as playing your Facebook account on a PC and playing a King.com account on an Android device.

I think all that has happened is that your mobile game got caught up in the recent Chocolate Box 'test' of providing 24 hours to complete a Box whilst your Facebook game didn't.

The events are strictly related to the devices in which you play them and not on your account so it's normal to see a different timer. 

That is just not true. I now have the game on an Android tablet, Android phone and a Windows laptop. Across all three of those devices the timers for all of my timed events/features are the same.

I think whoever answered you is confused. Whilst Events are related to the device you play on and you aren't guaranteed the same features on every device you play on, if you do happen to get the same features then their progress will be the same on all devices if you are using just one account.

Also if you complete the event on the Android you will receive the items on the android device only and vice versa if you complete it on your PC as the events and the boosters do not synchronize between devices.

That is true, but it has nothing to do with your query, so doesn't help you at all.

My advice is to play the events only on one device to avoid similar situation

Supposedly one of the selling points of Candy Crush is that with one account you can play across several devices. This advice isn't helpful and someone working in Support should be offering facts and not opinions.

• Colleen12
    edited March 16
    Options

100% agreed with your statements. This morning I tested out another option on my Android and Facebook for the Gold Box task selections. The task options are very different between Android and Facebook. I can complete 14 levels which at level 15000+ I would probably need about 100 Gold Bars or on Facebook I can use 3 UFOs which I was easily able to get by collecting 5000 Green Candies this morning.

Update: Once I selected the task of using 3 UFOs on my Facebook it synchronized with my Android Device this morning including the time to complete the box back to 2 days vice 24 hours.

Again, thank you for your help. Awesome as always 😊

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?