Maths calculations for participant numbers

Options
christinewupp
christinewupp Posts: 6,085 Level 5

Is there anyone out there good at maths and can check if I get these numbers right? I posted similar calculations last year but of course all the All Stars posts have been deleted by King since.

A lot of players get confused by the scale of the event and think they are almost there when there are millions still in the race. So I am trying to reverse calculate:

Given there are 10 overall winners in Stage 6, assuming there are 50 players per group, there must be 500 participants at Stage 6.

So there must be 500 groups at Stage 5. Assuming there are 50 players in each group, there would be 25,000 participants in stage 5.

So there would be 25,000 group winners at stage 4, the first "final knock-out round".

If there were just 50 players per group, then there would be at least 1,25 million participants entering the final knock-out stages.

King state:

"5.3. Stats: Participants’ collected special All Stars candies score will be displayed in CCS in a Tournament leaderboard of up to 49 other Participants during Stages 1 – 6 (“Tournament Leaderboard”). Various Stages may have different Tournament Leaderboard sizes. Additionally, Participants acknowledge that there are multiple Tournament Leaderboards being played simultaneously per Stage throughout the Tournament. The number of Tournament Leaderboards for each Stage will depend on the number of Participants competing at each Stage. As a result, Participants who complete the win conditions (see below) from other Tournament Leaderboards may, in addition to you, also progress to the next Stage."

Given the way the qualifying rounds are open to all newcomers, up to and including the last "Second Chance" rounds, surely even King cannot know yet how many players will qualify for Stage 4? So will we be in a situation where that stage will have hundreds of players per leaderboard competing? "Displayed" does not mean there only are 50 players, I assume?

Any thoughts on this?

Comments

• MannyFae
    MannyFae Posts: 335 Level 4
    edited March 31
    Options

It seems to me the purpose of Second Chance rounds is actually to adjust how many players will qualify for Stage 4. King don't guarantee that every player losing the Qualifier, First knockouts or Second knockouts will get the Second Chance. Instead they state:

5.6.6. Where Participants: (i) are unable to collect sufficient numbers of special All Stars candies in Stage 1 or Stage 2 to pass on to Stage 3, or (ii) have not yet participated in any of the previous Stages, Participants may be offered a chance to pass to Stage 3 through the following Second Chance rounds: Second Chance 1 Round 1 and Second Chance 1 Round 2.

The wording of 5.6.12 is similar.

In the case of too many newcomers joining the tournament, fewer players will be allowed to participate in the Second Chance rounds, and vice versa. This way, they will get the intended number of participants for Stage 4.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?