A long text with 6 questions..thank you for any answers ..but I understand if it’s too much

Options
rjXgray
rjXgray Posts: 52 Level 2

I just started playing Candy Crush again for the All Stars . I had downloaded it and played for a couple weeks earlier this year ….so I’m definitely a newbie.

Now my twins are super excited and in to the fact that I made it to first knockout. And I was just going to do the qualify to see if I could do it …but now since my twins thought it was so cool that my score was high they are talking about it constantly and I don’t want to let the, down. So I’m playing pretty much all the time now.

But I have some questions I can’t seem to find the answers for .

1. Are all the players in the final lined up next to each other with computers on a stage or how was it set up last year ? (I have cancer and don’t look like me right now ..forgive me for being so trivial) .
  2. Do you think they will allow using boosters/ extra lives through out the knockouts ?
    and at the finals do the people get boosters and a set amount of extra lives ?
    — I was playing without using boosters before this event (I spent an entire day trying to beat one level). But because of the race aspect and my learning curve I’ve had to use them occasionally in All Stars .
    —-- I need to reign that in , sometimes I’m so tired and I’m stuck in a race that a gane will come open and .I just look at it and throw out a piñata it’s that terrifying to consider trying to trudge through it (I’ve only done that a couple times - but i would need some boosters to even have a chance…and I’ve been put on lockdown in terms of purchases by my husband …so I’d rather not be agonizing this much to find out the next knockout will have no extra lives or something (and knowing me - it would be a surprise when I’ve been playing for 12 hours and I was getting extra purple before hitting the last jelly and I wouldn’t realize I got to “0” moves ..and I got thrown out .
  3. Is it even possible for a person like me (little experience) to make it to the finals? When I started playing again, it was just a happy accident that All Stars was starting up . But I was only level 300+ when it started. Now I’m at 1600+…but a lot of the people in my group are at levels over 15,000. I didn’t even know the game went that high.
    - im just wondering if it’s going to pick me off when it gets to knockout 2 etc. I think (hope) I’ll get this knockout - I’m 400,000k above the 2nd place person and playing like a demon.
  4. Because we are all at different levels in the game …are we all playing different games? Because it seems like it would be easier for people like me at lower levels?
  5. Since there are 2nd qualifying and 2nd chance knockouts . How do the scores of players in those rounds affect the leaderboard in terms of people who played the first knockout ? Or does everyone have to play the second chance knockout even if they placed well in the original ones?
  6. When I click on the hub on my map screen ..it just goes grayish and I can see the map underneath…but nothing comes up …wondering if anyone else has had that experience.

That’s a lot …I’m sorry l but if anyone has some answers I would appreciate it . After rereading it I realize I should probably quit now . I should know more about this . I just need to keep going regardless to show I won’t give up until I have to 🙄 - I shouldn’t have showed the kids .

thank you again if you read this - you are all so kind answering my earlier questions , and now reading this novel .

Good luvk ..I’ll be in the audience no matter what watching you guys at Universal Studios. (We were there Monday - the Jurassic Park ride is a lot of fun !

🤞

Gray

Comments

• TPS23
    TPS23 Posts: 172 Level 2
    Options

I personally don’t have answers to your questions but feel glad that you have been enjoying the game and making such impressive progress in a short time. I also like playing without using boosters or gold bars, as I don’t really care about winning fast. It’s very exciting when I pass a level. Similar with All Stars event, I don’t aim at winning anything, just playing my game and building on resources for some too tough levels. It’s so hard to have a race without 5-6 hard/ super hard/ nightmare hard levels now, some even have so few moves, making them impossible to win unless you’re very very lucky.

Anyway, enjoy the game and good luck!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,701 Level 5
    Options

Hello. I feel obliged to curb your enthusiasm here @rjXgray, I am sorry. I will just answer your third question here and I fear the answer is "no".

Firstly you need to be aware of how this event is organised. King give players the impression they are doing really well in the early rounds so as to encourage them to spend money on the game, thinking they might get to the final and earn real money, but by getting this far you are just one of many millions of players.

From my own calculations and from my experience All Stars 2023 this is how the event is organised: The first few rounds are just practice rounds and easy for any serious and experienced player to pass through. There are groups of just 10 players and half of those pass to the next round. There are also second chance rounds for latecomers to join, and all the really good, experienced players likely to win this competition are still waiting in the shadows right now. I am one of those myself: I play each episode in twenty minutes and can score about 200,000 points in one hour. I also have an account with 15,000 gold bars saved up, so plenty to buy boosters to use, without spending real money. Once the FINAL Knockout Rounds start you will see players like myself come and take the one single place at the top to each leaderboard to get to the next round. There will be three final knockout rounds and these do not start until April 20th. Everything before that round is easy compared to what will come in those rounds from 20th to 28th April. There will be a total of at least 1,25 million players still in the tournament at that point and King will reduce that number to just 10 in the following weeks. The winning scores last years were in the region of 4-7 million in 24 hours in the 3rd Final knockout round last year. That is what a player will have to be able to achieve to stand a chance of winning some real cash.

Sorry to disappoint you. And no, I won't be competing myself beyond April 20th. I would have to crush all day and all night for a week to stand a chance and I have better things to do with my life!

• rjXgray
    Options

I’m really grateful for your honesty , and your thoughtful answer . I have a chance at 4-7 million in 24 hours. I have been getting a million playing about 4 hours today and 3 yesterday . I can definitely step that up ..and I have free boosters up the kazoo. I will prepare for not winning but amp up the number of hours. I have a 36 hour chemo infusion starting tomorrow afternoon so can play not stup. I have a 700k lead over the 2nd place player . And check every hour to check where we stand . This is my strategy /plan . But if I don’t make it when the serious players come out I will as you said probbly not move on .And that’s ok. Knowing ahead of time really helps.

so you happen to know why when the leader comes THERE IS 30 ne at to my standing . It shows up for 3 second than disappears .

Thank you again how your reply- but helpm me adjust my expectations.,

thank you
    Gray

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,701 Level 5
    edited April 7
    Options

That's great to hear that you are doing so well and I do think that if you can crush that much you might stand a chance then. Just try not to spend any money on the game, last year some players got carried away spending hundreds of dollars in an unrealistic expectation that it would help them win big money. One thing to watch out for in the Final Knockout rounds is those players sitting back at the bottom of the leaderboard watching, perhaps playing offline and hiding their score from others to suddenly then log in near the end and overtake the leaders. This is allowed but unfair, so watch out for that.

Don't crush too much in these earlier rounds, so right now while there is no need to score a million yet and what you crush now won't carry over to the next round, so just do enough to safely qualify to the next rounds. Conserve your energy and those easier levels you are at until you need to crush millions in the final knockouts. As I stated the final knockouts start on April 20th. That is when you will need to crush as much and as long as you can. Good luck!!

( I think the 30 you are referring to is the multiplier that you get for new levels. Anyone just replaying old levels does not get this)

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 542 Level 3
    Options

@rjXgray I wish you luck! I'm not playing this All Star game. Sure, I could do it, and maybe win…but I definitely have a fear of flying! Lol Just wishing side games would come back!

• rjXgray
    Options

thank you @TPS23 for taking the time to read my long post 🤗. I appreciate your supportive comment. I’m going to stop trying to win the episode races so quickly . The time factor is driving my need for boosters . I’m at a win streak of 749, but that is because I had to not win episodes to win knockouts ?

I don’t know if I do have to win the championship races and meet the daily/weekly event goals as well. I would get All Star candies faster and with few or any boosts if not.

I’ still pushing myself to win the weekly contest, the chocolate boxes, the win streak, whatever I need for the level PLUS the purple candies). It’s exhausting and I end up not getting as many purple candies by some of that.

❤️

Gray

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,715 Legend
    Options

But I have some questions I can’t seem to find the answers for. @rjXgray

1. Are all the players in the final lined up next to each other with computers on a stage or how was it set up last year ? (I have cancer and don’t look like me right now ..forgive me for being so trivial) .

Last year all the finalists were on a stage next to each other and sat behind desks. Each contestant was provided a mobile.

Search on Google for Candy Crush All Stars 2023 and you should be able to find a video of the final.

2. Do you think they will allow using boosters/ extra lives through out the knockouts ?

Of course they will. Playing any round of the All Stars is just like playing your normal game.

2a. and at the finals do the people get boosters and a set amount of extra lives ?

Yes to the boosters and no to the extra lives.

Each contestant is given a limited number of boosters.

Extra lives aren't required you play one level and the player that gets the highest score is the winner.

3. Is it even possible for a person like me (little experience) to make it to the finals?

Yes. The game isn't about experience it is about time. Any player that can play for 24 hours with little, or no sleep and no breaks for eating will stand a good chance of making it to the final.

That is a bit of an over simplification as some knowledge of the game can help, but time is one of the most important factors.

4. Because we are all at different levels in the game …are we all playing different games? Because it seems like it would be easier for people like me at lower levels?

No, everyone is playing in the same All Stars competition. It might seem like people on the lower levels have an advantage, but no matter where you are on the map there are levels that are extremely difficult. Additionally it might be said that those that use money to play have a bigger advantage than anyone no matter which level they are on.

5. Since there are 2nd qualifying and 2nd chance knockouts . How do the scores of players in those rounds affect the leaderboard in terms of people who played the first knockout ?

The scores of each and every round are a separate event unaffected by a previous round. The scores that you, or anyone else has in one round does not affect the next round.

5a. Or does everyone have to play the second chance knockout even if they placed well in the original ones?

The second chance knockouts are for those people that didn't collect enough purple candy to finish in a winning position. If you are in a winning position in knockout rounds 1 and 2 you will not get to play in the second chance rounds.

6. When I click on the hub on my map screen ..it just goes grayish and I can see the map underneath…but nothing comes up …wondering if anyone else has had that experience.

Yes, other people are experiencing the same issues as you with the Hub. Additionally other people, including me, have the issue of the Hub being missing.

We have been told that King are investigating the issues.

• rjXgray
    Options

I really should have read this before posting anything after. I was overthinking things - this was really simple and I get it now ? Thanks - you’re great !

😇

Gray

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?