2 Game questions : getting out right when it ends? And using more time instead of boosts?

Options
rjXgray
rjXgray Posts: 52 Level 2
  1. I noticed that when I let the candy’s keep moving after I’ve won the level sometimes it fills the bar at the top to give me sugar stars . I’ve actually seen the little silver star start to rotate when I’m clicking out..if I had stayed I would have gotten them. So I’m not sure that it stops counting the purple candies . I would think it would stop and the best strategy is to skip as soon as you’ve won and to keep going quickly . I did a whole episode race closing them all when it said skip and the counter another letting them play through til the end . I got more sugar stars and over 85,000 more candies when I stated in . But that could have been a coincidence.

Has King ever stated anything about whether candy is still counted until it boots you out ?

also I’m averaging 3,000-6,000 purple candies per level ( as long as it is a level WITH purple candies) . But when I take more time and don’t use as many boosts I still score 2,500-5,000 purple candies and saving the money would be ideal . But is that not a wise strategy for the ALL STARS

I use approximately 2-4 boosts depending on the complexity of the board. ..always the free hand and the paint brush.

Thank you for posting this question I was wondering about this

Comments

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,708 Level 5
    edited April 9
    Options

Hello again @rjXgray

Yes, absolutely all the purple candies in the final cascade sequence count towards your total. This has been stated by King and I know this from experience. So given this event is based on speed I would definitely recommend using the "skip" option as soon at it appears.

To answer the second question, this mirrors exactly the two strategies I tried out myself. You do get more purple stars the faster you play, so that is why players who have a lot of gold or boosters saved up have a massive advantage in this competition. There are players out there who have been preparing for All Stars 2024 since All Stars 2023. If you find the competition gets tough, which it probably will in the next round, then playing both colour bomb and stripe/wrap starting boosters for every level is the best option in my opinion. You can buy half an hour worth for just 9 gold each. If you can play an episode race in that half hour then you should make a gold profit. In the easier level ranges it is possible to pass most levels with these two boosters and maybe a fish boosters as well for the harder ones with jelly and so keep your win streak. Then try to keep your win streak for the harder levels by a one off payment of 10 gold to play on if you see it will be enough to pass in 5 extra moves. That is my strategy in this competition. Yes, I also play some striped candies, they can be quite useful and definitely the hand switches to get your two colour bombs side by side ont he starting board especially. However, this strategy does not work for me at all level ranges. At above level 6000 I am making a net loss of gold at the moment. But at levels up to 2000 I think this strategy should still give you a gold profit from the Champions Races. Do you get 40 gold per race? I am asking because there is another version out there, giving only 30 gold I think.

Good luck!

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,716 Legend
    Options

• 1. Yes @rjXgray one of the Managers here once said that using the skip button doesn't alter the final score you would achieve. Thing is that was long before they changed the scoring system and removed the cascades from the game. I really wouldn't put it past King to have broken this aspect.

2. The only strategy that counts is the one that keeps you in a winning position on the leaderboard. If you can stay in the top three by not using as many boosters then do so.

• Alienscar
    edited April 9
    Options

At above level 6000 I am making a net loss of gold at the moment. 

Same here @christinewupp I am now spending more gold than I earn and I haven't reached level 6000. Do you think the levels have got slightly more difficult this week? The last Episode I completed had seven levels that were Super Hard or harder, and I have I noticed other people posting about this as well. The second level of the Episode was a Legendary level. It is almost like King want players to get frustrated with their lack of progress in the competition.

• christinewupp
    Options

Yes @Alienscar I do think levels have generally become harder. But right at the beginning of the first qualifying round I felt they were getting much easier, so maybe it's just that they have gone back to normal. I think one reason the game seems harder right now is because we are all missing the many events that were in our games before All Stars, a lot of those were giving us timed boosters and some gave us UFOs as well. I do miss having all the side games.

• Alienscar
    Options

Yes all I have got is Season Pass, Treasure Hunt, Candy Royale, the Chocolate Box, occasionally an advert (much lower frequency, but not gone this time) and the Cool Down Quest.

What makes me laugh is…

Better rewards!

• rjXgray
    Options

I get 40 bars for each champion race.you were exactly right …people are already taking it seriously. I woke up at 5:45 Am to start when the second knockout started and logged in 5 minutes after it started. There were already 2 people with about 10k each playing. They played until 8:15 am - I had a 90k lead at that time. They stopped playing - I assume to go to work. So I have to play all day to really put a gap between us ( I’m looking to be 2M ahead of the 2nd place player by 5 pm. Every 15 min for an hour I checked out my purple candies/ min and I was between 2757/min, 2365/min, 3528/min and 1759/mim. So average of 2552/min. Now I go ing to track my speed. I did 5 levels with no boosts but had to buy 5 extra lives for 1 of the levels . My packages to purchase boosts will don’t have my free hands or paint brushes. And when I win those for completing a side quest (30 min of lollipops) - the first time I use it it stops and it goes back to using ones that I have purchased with gold bars.

I have 373 hours of striped candies/truffle bombs/fish (that package the always group together …but it populates the board….i don’t have choice as to wher and when I want tnuse it. And it groups the, together …so using the truffle bombs (which I often have to use the free hand to move them next to each other costs me 1-3 free hands .. one is 5.45 gb(20 for 109 gb). If I just played through I can beat most levels with NO boosts - i won’t get as many purples on average and the nightmarishly hard levels will require 1-3 extra lives which are 10 gold bars for 5 ( much cheaper) …but 1. I don’t think they are going to let you have extra lives at the finale, and 2. My speed would go up and score would go down.

I think that I need to just budget and keep using the free hand and stripes. They give me the fastest time, leftover time where I leave 1 task on the board and just go after straggler purples beating the board at 2 levels before it ends.

I wish I knew what wil be allowed and won’t be at the contest. Ie

1. will it be based on the score for the candies and times.
    2. Will you get extra lives,
    3. will everyone get the same number of boosts to level the playing field,
    4. how many levels do you have to beat

Those kind of things.

also lastly - I have never gotten dvertisements , or the choice to watch them to make gold bars. I just get them through the episode and champion races, the “Sam’s beads (win streak) , weekly levels passed race, chocolate boxes and season pass tiers, and candy royale.

talk soon I know you are probably busy playing .

• rjXgray
    Options

@christinewupp everyone on my leaderboard is in Europe . I’m at a million from the 5 hours I played (off and on throughout the day) . But even though the second okace player is at 132,000 he’s just waking up in Spain . So who knows what tomorrow will bring.

I’m trying not to use the 10-16-25 gold bars for 5 extra lives each because I was told you don’t get extra lives in the finals. But honestly I’m frustrated with the lack of information about what you will and won’t be doing for that.

I understand what you said about getting out right when it says tap to skip . But in terms of speed don’t you have to get the highest score ? And how fast do you have to finish levels ? Sorry …I just hate putting in effort for this and finding out I have been training completely the wrong way.

Hope your day is going well!🙏

-Gray

• christinewupp
    Options

Have talked to you in discussions so I guess all is cleared up now. Have a restful night and enjoy time with the family! I'm sure you've done enough crushing to get through to the next round already.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?