After reading everyone’s posts about offline posting and cheating

Options
rjXgray
rjXgray Posts: 52 Level 2

I wanted to clarify …and also say I agree @christinewupp and @Alienscar made good points . Some people aren’t always near WiFi. So I agree they should definitely be allowed to participate , and I don’t believe it’s cheating.

The one thing I don’t understand is how I would play with out my cellular data plan or my WiFi. How would the Candy Crush Saga server be able to download new levels as I moved on in the game with out internet access.

Sorry if this dumb question.

Answers

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,701 Level 5
    Options

The levels are already in the app @rjXgray That may be the reason why when I last downloaded the app from the app store it took so long! This app is huge. Each time you load the game it looks for an internet signal. If this is not found the game goes into offline mode. You can play any level and use your boosters. Some of the events even work without an internet connection, such as Season Pass and the daily win. Some other events like the episode race, candy royale and the chocolate box will load only if you are connected to the internet, but once started will continue to track your score against the recorded opponents even if data and internet are turned off. You then have to make sure you turn the internet back on to claim the prize.

I guess players at the end of the map will have to connect to the internet each week to download the newly released levels, of course.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 14,713 Legend
    Options

@christinewupp has nailed it @rjXgray so I can't really add anything. All I would say is that if you are contemplating playing offline make sure you have enough spare memory. The recommendation is 2GB.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?