Some newbie complaints and some questions

Options
cefilbert
cefilbert Posts: 16 Level 2

well, I did indeed break a million as a newbie (started on first day of first round) but I can say the thing def gets more challenging as one progresses: more skulls and many more levels that are impassable without using a boost or gold. I tried to conserve it. I wound up just racking up retries, spending a gold bar and then milking all I could from the board before completing.

The things in the corners? They would eventually release but I didn’t know why. Etc.

I hate Candy Royale and I wish it was not compulsory. If I were a better player, I might choose it? But by the time it was launched my brain was mush and it stunk to see my little onion getting tossed into the sand when so many new game elements were coming at me. That’s a note for King if they read these. Which they may not.

My other complaints are actually questions because I may be doing something wrong. Is there any way to get a different variety of boosts on the bottom line? So many times, I would have preferred a good one to finish the game instead of blind, at the beginning.

Another question: those 30 min things seem to just launch. You have to play them straight thru and can’t pause or wait until later if you win one? The only way I have found to use boosts in a way I have better control of is to save them up in the season pass and select as I want them.

Other rewards just launch. Like: 30 minutes of free X when my wrists are sore and I want a break. I know that you can check off the numbered line of the three or four good boosts before but I swear sometimes they don’t show up. It’s confusing.

Okay, that’s about it for now.

Congrats to qualifiers. I think I may make life “sweeter” for one of you by bailing once I’m on the board of the finals. ♥️

Comments

• Rhonda_L
    Rhonda_L Posts: 531 Level 3
    Options

@cefilbert I really don't know how to respond to some of your questions because I honestly don't know.

I do know, however, when you're playing a level, the boosters at the bottom will never change. They are the in-game boosters. (I would love to see Coconut Wheel be an in-game booster! Hehe—that'll never happen).

As far as the timed boosters, it'd be great if we could pause them and use them when we wanted. But we can't. The clock just keeps ticking.

I'm not sure if any of this helped, maybe @christinewupp and/or @Alienscar could help and explain it better.

Welcome to the Community! Have a wonderful Crushin' day!

• christinewupp
    christinewupp Posts: 6,000 Level 5
    Options

@Rhonda_L has mostly answered your questions. King make the game deliberately hard, especially during All Stars. Which level have you reached and do you still make gold in the champions race? There are some very easy episodes where the levels are largely unchanged from when the game was more fun to play. The purpose of making levels hard or impossible to pass without boosters is to get players to start spending money. But the moment you start to do so, you just end up having to spend more and more, so don't fall for that.

• cefilbert
    cefilbert Posts: 16 Level 2
    Options

level 679

Yeah…I’ve spent $200. Which I thought would be fine if I could run for a prize in the thousands. I use the gold that I win each round because I get stuck on the ones I just cannot get through without gold.

• christinewupp
    Options

Ouch @cefilbert ! Stop spending any money on Candy Crush NOW!!!!

This game is not an investment. No one can get a prize out of it. There are over a million players left in All Stars at this point and no matter how good you are there will be thousands of players better than you. And then, even if you did get into the final 10 leaderboards, at that point King pick a player from each leaderboard that they choose, it will not necessarily be the player who wins that leaderboard. They have stated this in the Terms and Conditions. Even if you WIN All Stars chances are you won't be invited to the final in LA.

Don't waste any more money on this game.

• Alienscar
    Alienscar Posts: 13,880 Legend
    Options

well, I did indeed break a million as a newbie (started on first day of first round) but I can say the thing def gets more challenging as one progresses: more skulls and many more levels that are impassable without using a boost or gold. I tried to conserve it. I wound up just racking up retries, spending a gold bar and then milking all I could from the board before completing.

Well done @cefilbert for making a million points, but in many ways you shouldn't have bothered. The aim of every All Stars player at this point should be to do just enough to qualify for the next round. Ideally without spending any money, or the minimum they can get away with. I have got through to the Final Knockout Round 1 with a score of just 282650 and I only played for five hours spread over the six days and I only played for four of the six days.

Requiring boosters and gold to complete levels is definitely built into the game as is increasing difficulty as you progress through the levels. I suppose the trick is to learn as you play and recognise which levels require gold, which require a lollipop, and so on. Also learn to exit a level when you know you will not complete it. I could be wrong but I think this increases the chances of you receiving a lucky board. That is how it seems in my game anyway.

If you are serious about the All Stars then it becomes difficult to play your normal game as you feel the extra pressure of the competition and the 'fear of missing out'. Just try to stay in control and resist the urge to pay your way out of every situation. There is enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that the more you pay the more difficult King make your game.

I hate Candy Royale and I wish it was not compulsory. 

You and 20 zillion other people want to see the choice of the Royale being optional. It is what it is now and we all just have to live with it.

If I were a better player, I might choose it?

Would you though? The game would still be the same as it is now and when was the last time you completed 7/8/9 levels on the first try? I don't think it is about being a better player really as I have won the Royale a few times without really trying to. Last time was Tuesday just gone actually, but I only received 17 gold bars.

For me the Royale is about boosters and gold and not being a better player. The more boosters and gold you have the more likely it is you will always complete the Royale. Ultimately that is what the Royale is about. King wants players to buy boosters and gold.

That’s a note for King if they read these. Which they may not.

They definitely won't

Is there any way to get a different variety of boosts on the bottom line? So many times, I would have preferred a good one to finish the game instead of blind, at the beginning.

Are you asking about the in-game boosters which are on the bottom line under the level? Which booster would you like to see there as booster wise nothing is missing other than the pre-game choice of boosters. When you say a good one what are you meaning as nothing is better than the choice of Party Booster, UFO, or Lollipop to finish a difficult level.

those 30 min things seem to just launch. You have to play them straight thru and can’t pause or wait until later if you win one? The only way I have found to use boosts in a way I have better control of is to save them up in the season pass and select as I want them.

As far as I know there aren't any 30 minute boosters in the Season Pass, so I am not sure what you are referring to here.

Overall though complaints about not being able to pause a timed booster are as common as complaints about the Candy Royale. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon.

30 minutes of free X when my wrists are sore and I want a break.

Again another common complaint. People have always complained about receiving timed boosters as a reward just when they want to stop playing. Personally I think the player is partly responsible for this. Don't win a level if you know your Daily Win is due. Don't win the next level if you know you will receive a ten minute UFO. Don't open your game if you know you have won the Weekly Contest and aren't ready to use the timed boosters.

I know that you can check off the numbered line of the three or four good boosts before but I swear sometimes they don’t show up.

Yet again you have hit upon another common complaint. I have lost count of the number of posts made by people saying that they haven't received there rewards from feature X. I don't know what the answer to this is sorry.

• Rhonda_L
    Options

@Alienscar 👏 You are so great explaining things! It's helpful to me as well, each and every time you help a 'newbie'. So, thank you for your responses and insights!

Have a great day! 😸

• Alienscar
    Options

Thank you @Rhonda_L for the kind words.

• Rhonda_L
    Options

@Alienscar 👍 You're more than welcome! I swear, you deserve more than 200 Gold Bars for not only helping 'Newbies', but helping us 'Oldies' as well with your explanations. Bless You! 👏🐯

• christinewupp
    Options

I totally agree. Well spoken @Rhonda_L . I had exactly the same thought as you after reading that awesome post by @Alienscar . It was brilliant and insightful.

• Alienscar
    Options

That is high praise coming from you @christinewupp your posts are nothing short of brilliant.

Hey! Would you like to give us your opinion?